becoming one with the Force

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45651 by
In our struggle to become one with the Force, it would only make sense for us to be able to use Force abilities. I would see it as a way for us to feel and grow with the force. My question is, has anyone been able to?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 4 months ago #45652 by Jestor
Check this recent thread...

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Jediism-101---Spirit-Wind/4107-Psychic-abilites

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57654 by
Replied by on topic Re: becoming one with the Force
Hello there ACooper,

Honestly, I am only a Jedi Novice and, as such, still have a whole lot to learn about Jediism. I'm currently taking the initiate's programme, meaning that I'm training to become a qualified Jedi.

Therefore, I'd like to offer my opinion, but be it known that I am not at all a qualified teacher.

When reading over the website's information, I've learned a few main points. "We are not role-players" and we are not associated with the "cinematic" Jedi of the films.

In my opinion, I interpreted it this way:

A jedi (and Jedi-in-training) is not a superhero in anyway. He has no supernatural skills that makes him superior to a normal person. Rather, a Jedi is an ordinary person with extraordinary goals. He tries to live life as fit as a proper Jedi by living morally and for self-betterment and education.

So no, I don't think any of us have used "force abilities". Rather, we've meditated and felt relieved, insightful, and comforted - things the force can really do for us. (Not throw lightning or push people without contact or manipulate minds - that sort of unrealistic thing)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57658 by
Replied by on topic Re: becoming one with the Force

SeanChing wrote: So no, I don't think any of us have used "force abilities". Rather, we've meditated and felt relieved, insightful, and comforted - things the force can really do for us. (Not throw lightning or push people without contact or manipulate minds - that sort of unrealistic thing)

Well, I think what we as real Jedi would consider Force abilities are not what you would consider them in fiction. In real life, Force abilities could be as simple as Reiki healing...at least in my opinion. Now if you believe in things like telekinesis, telepathy, pyrokinesis, and all the other kinesis' then you could consider those as Force abilities. I personally would even list having an out of body experience as a Force ability.

This is where my oped mind and my skepticism clash. I believe that anything is possible, but I also question everything I see. I'm such a complicated guy :P

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi