Lightsaber

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #45230 by
Lightsaber was created by
Has anyone actually built their own lightsaber or is it mostly just replicas people get? If you have built your own id like to know how what materials you used those sort of things.

Also i dont know how many people actually know or practice lightsaber techniques but say what style you like and where you learnt it. Personally it seems weird to try to be a jedi/sith and not pay any attention to the thing that makes us so unique.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #45231 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Lightsaber
It's a big part of my practise to connect to the Force, though I only have a hilt. Perhaps next year I'll build up the electronics and blade from http://www.thecustomsabershop.com

I developed my own philosophy behind the styles but I used the NYJedi content to define Form's I and II as training Form's. So in effect I use all Form's except 7.

EDIT: My hilt was a gift from the wife, never knew what it was until a few months ago. Its not an actual hilt but after researching replica and custom hilts, its actually perfect for it and a bit unique. If I didnt have this, I'd probably design my own and try and build it since I know how to use a lathe etc.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #45232 by
Replied by on topic Re: Lightsaber
I once read a book that taught how to make a rod that gathered natural energies and was used mostly by wiccans but it is based on the same idea and gathering the same energy you could possibly redesign it as a hilt possibly, who knows.

More
12 years 3 months ago #45233 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: Lightsaber
The most common way I've seen for Wiccens to gather energy is in a knotted cord. Then the knots are untied to release the bound energies. Often the cord is made by a group or coven.

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #45235 by

Wescli Wardest wrote: The most common way I've seen for Wiccens to gather energy is in a knotted cord. Then the knots are untied to release the bound energies. Often the cord is made by a group or coven.

But that wouldn't make a very good lightsaber hilt now would it? :P

Oh and as for a hilt why not use the interior with copper and the exterior pvc pipe with one side threaded. Have teh copper slightly smaller than the pvc so you can slide it in. put a 9 volt attachment (dont know the name, that one thing that attaches to a 9 volt battery) in a pvc cap. Attach wires from the 9 volt thing to a copper coil you wind within the main body and put a large magnet within the coils wrapped tight. Then drill a path for a small switch and connect it as the switch for the set up. cover the other open end with a small light bulb to release some battery power so it doesnt constantly go through and overheat the battery. This may create electromagnetic energy and help you meditate. or just be cool to have.

Or follow similar set up but have a built in music player to play meditation music so you can meditate holding your light saber hilt and have a use for it.

Or do the same set up but have a secret spot for items or notes within

Or just have it plain of course lol
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #45298 by
I have indeed built my own saber

An awesome experience :laugh:

More
12 years 3 months ago #45304 by Garwa Mayharr
Replied by Garwa Mayharr on topic Re: Lightsaber

Nameless3450 wrote:

Wescli Wardest wrote: The most common way I've seen for Wiccens to gather energy is in a knotted cord. Then the knots are untied to release the bound energies. Often the cord is made by a group or coven.

But that wouldn't make a very good lightsaber hilt now would it? :P

Oh and as for a hilt why not use the interior with copper and the exterior pvc pipe with one side threaded. Have teh copper slightly smaller than the pvc so you can slide it in. put a 9 volt attachment (dont know the name, that one thing that attaches to a 9 volt battery) in a pvc cap. Attach wires from the 9 volt thing to a copper coil you wind within the main body and put a large magnet within the coils wrapped tight. Then drill a path for a small switch and connect it as the switch for the set up. cover the other open end with a small light bulb to release some battery power so it doesnt constantly go through and overheat the battery. This may create electromagnetic energy and help you meditate. or just be cool to have.

Or follow similar set up but have a built in music player to play meditation music so you can meditate holding your light saber hilt and have a use for it.

Or do the same set up but have a secret spot for items or notes within

Or just have it plain of course lol

I like the MP3 player idea.

I want to make one with a extendable baton in it. My only problem is that the longest baton I can find is a 32", that's not quite long enough, any ideas out there.

More
12 years 3 months ago #45306 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Lightsaber
I had an idea to put a electric car aerial in there but from memory it might not fit. Then add 4 steel wires that roll out and are attached to the tip of the aerial, which would be tensed to act as guards and supports to the aerial itself...in some attempt to create a retractible metallic shinai. Doubt it would work.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #45342 by
This is my "light saber" same art but not exactly Light per-say. See photos!
This is a must have to any practioner of martial arts, star wars fan, future loving nerd, tech head, or jedi. Btw in the picture I have my hood on not so seem jedi but because I am freezing and have a buzzcut that doesn't keep much of anything warm lol
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #50142 by
In Kendo/kenjutsu ("Way of The Sword"), peoples challenging themself physically as mentally through strong martial arts values with sport-like physical elements(as describe in wikipedia). An healthy soul in an healthy body. I'm not the physical warrior type of guy, but i value that way and the ideas behind it. Personnaly i prefer the chinese fighting styles (Jian form-shaolin), more elegant and less crude than the japanese sword's fighting styles. In SW, a Jedi is a Jedi because he weild/understand/walking in the bright side of the Force as he's carrying a saber as distinctive symbol of his affiliation (to defend ideas and ideals with diplomacy/spirituality as to do it physically). As jediist, the kendo's "way of the sword" concepts can be apply to ourself too, and it's probably why most of us wanting a sword/lightsaber too... because of everything it could represent to us.

Personnaly i would like to build my own lightsaber pike, i prefer that kind of weapon and its fighting style. I would like to learn how to weild it in the shaolin style. :)

lightsaber pike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iVgKTldHMo&list=UU0AnRsIP7ej58tCatcViTIQ&index=2&feature=plcp

shaolin pike style (but without the flying parts lol):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTsKEgUJyUQ&feature=fvwrel

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi