The Clone Wars

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17818 by
The Clone Wars was created by
Ok, so once again being a Marine has it's perks. I was lucky enough to get to go to a free sneak preview screening of Clone Wars today. I took my two oldest children, and we all loved it. Being animated it was easier for my kids to get into and of course since it was Star Wars, I loved it as well.

The period of the story line was actually a pretty short time frame, so I'm expecting possibly more of these coming out. Then again, if I remember correctly one of the upcoming TV series is going to be animated and probably based in this time frame. Anakin was his usuall bad ass self, but showed a softer side, which you've all already seen if you've been paying attention to trailers and such. Asoka is pretty young for an padawan, but is quite able, and everyone else is pretty much the same as you expect in the movies. Some of things that were pretty new and gave it a new feel were the customization many of the clones took to their uniforms and personal appearance, it gave them more of a human feel from my perspective. You get a better look and feel for Asajj Ventress as well, but even as someone who usually roots for the bad guys, I still didn't like her or Count Dooku. One last thing on Characters, the artists couldn't resist giving Padme one more rediculous hairstyle.

The animation was great, far better than that of the Clone Wars series that was aired on Cartoon Network. They have a more natural feel to the people than did the series. Watch for the detail on Jabba the Hutt for one, it is a pretty obvious difference, but one that makes the experience better.

Overall, the flick was great, I do wish it would have been more in depth with Asoka, but you can only do so much with the time given. I can't wait to read the book which is already out, if someone gets a hold of it on PDF, please let me know.

This has been your Clone Wars movie review, with as little spoilers as possible.

Dhagon Krayt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17819 by
Replied by on topic Re:The Clone Wars
I shall do my best to go see it now, Good to know you're still Alive there Dhagon.

*bows*

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17820 by
Guess I will have to check it out when it arrives. Agree with you DK never really did like Dooku or the other to be honest. Am leary about seeing it because of the previous cartoon series from Cartoon Network but will give it a shot.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17822 by
Scythe, good to see you around as well, haven't seen you in quite some time. Either we've been missing each other completely or one of us haven't been around much. Either way, glad to see you again.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #19016 by
The movie was AWESOME, I don't like where the story is going to be taken, but oh well. This is a good lift off for the TV series.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #19058 by
Kieran,
DK would like to hear your insight on the connection between Asoka and Starkiller (Force Unleashed) and why do you think it is that they both have the same reverse lightsaber style. Do you think it just is a coincidence as far as its new and trendy so they used it for both, or do you think there is a deeper connection or story behind it. If you'd like to email him about it, chad.a.craig@usmc.mil or napalm_crazy@yahoo.com

Lead Farmer

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19219 by
I haven't seen the movie yet but i have read the book and judging by the movie and the book they both look very diffrent.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19222 by
i saw the movie opening day. the story was ok, a bit much to take that suddenly Anakin had a padawan and he likely would have had to kill her at some point, at least when order 66 came...
the CGI was awesome like an anime but in 3d and textures that looked like oil pantings come to life. Very interesting and beautiful.
Still very excited for it to be on TV in a few days, if for nothing else the artwork.
okay now you can go ahead and make fun of me for being and art house dweeb. lol :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19251 by
The show starts tomorrow night on Cartoon Network. Not sure of the times in your area.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19255 by
I believe it is 9p.m. local time, where ever you are, at least in the U.S. I know it is here in Cali, I'm sure it is the same across the board, except central time they are usually like an hour back from Eastern. Check your local listings to be sure, but you can look close to the 9 p.m. timeframe as a starting point.

DK

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi