Sith Teachings

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327827 by
Replied by on topic Sith Teachings
If you happen to find those websites, look me up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327832 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Sith Teachings
Looking for sithism is a pointless pursuit. At least this site I recognized in the US as a 501c3, while sithism (from the decent research I've done) is people agreeing that the other guy isn't a real sith, without saying what real sithism actually is

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327844 by

Rex wrote: Looking for sithism is a pointless pursuit. At least this site I recognized in the US as a 501c3, while sithism (from the decent research I've done) is people agreeing that the other guy isn't a real sith, without saying what real sithism actually is

More
5 years 6 months ago #327851 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Sith Teachings

Rex wrote: Looking for sithism is a pointless pursuit. At least this site I recognized in the US as a 501c3, while sithism (from the decent research I've done) is people agreeing that the other guy isn't a real sith, without saying what real sithism actually is

If what you are looking for is government recognition of tax exempt status, or a community that will constantly tell you how much they love you and how great you are despite achieving nothing in life, then Sithism is probably not for you. There is definitely an element of competition and meritocracy within the Sith subculture.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
5 years 6 months ago #327857 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Sith Teachings

Rex wrote: is people agreeing that the other guy isn't a real sith, without saying what real sithism actually is

Sadly I see this here more than we would probably care to really look at..............

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #327858 by
I guess I can't say much in regards to this, although I don't normally hear good things about Sith but never met one so I don't really know. Who knows what is considered "real" sithism anyway? Like what is "real" Sithism or real Jediism or real Islam or real Christianity? What is considered real? Is one considered real and the other fake, or are two just simply different branches from each other?
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by .

More
5 years 6 months ago #327873 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Sith Teachings
My post speaks to the point that regardless of how TOTJO runs (or Islam or Christianity) there are codified doctrinal points to base interpretations on, a certain level of hierarchy and internal cohesion, and something more unifying than an edgy aesthetic. I don't dislike sith, I just don't take sithism seriously

Your facepalming gifs don't actually say what you believe, whereas TotJO has an aptly names doctrine portion called "Jedi Believe"

The concept of orthodoxy and heterodoxy is a conversation always in a specific context. You can't have heterodox beliefs on the flying spaghetti monster because it was artificed relatively recently. Jediism cites it's sources and the purposeful broadness of interpretation is a stance we hold (as opposed to exclusive belief of other religions). Promoting sith opposition here is silly because

A.) Sith are welcome here, they aren't the opposite of Jediism as far as I can tell
B.) There aren't a significant number of sith, much less well-spoken sith
C.) You could somehow get wider opinions on sithism from siths than you could about Jediism from Jedi (the difference is, we do that purposely)
D.) We're a Jedi website, so discussion of sith beliefs isnt forbidden or even discouraged, but ultimately tangential

But who knows, maybe I haven't done exactly whatever you think I need to do to be taken seriously by the sith
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
5 years 6 months ago #327878 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Sith Teachings
From OOTS:

Warning: Spoiler!

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 6 months ago #327881 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Sith Teachings
I don't know most the Sith organizations. If someone has as list of the reasonably active ones that have been around a while feel free to post it as a reference.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327897 by
Thanks john!

The current ones are
Order of the Sith
Force Academy: Dark Aspect
And New Sith Order (a newer one that is semi-active)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi