Favorite SW movie

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #318971 by
Favorite SW movie was created by
Alright everyone, here's the big question. If you can pick, which SW movie would be your favorite? Mine's Revenge of the Sith.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #318973 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Favorite SW movie
~Empire Strikes Back~
It's objectively the beeeeest

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #318983 by
Replied by on topic Favorite SW movie
That would be a tie between episode 5 and 3 for me. Empire overall is better, imo. But Revenge just hits the feels and the score was fantastically beautiful.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #318984 by
Either Empire Strieks back or a New Hope. Both work as self contained films and Empire sets up really well for a sequel, everything comes together at a single time and a single location so you get a lot of build up and some great payoff. Empire also has some good one-on-one Jedi training and actual learning/challenging pre-suppositions.. A New Hope is great as a single film by itself from start to finish.

Revenge of the Sith is definitely the best of the prequel movies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #318987 by
This is going to be a complicated answer, forgive me.

As a child my favorite was Return of The Jedi. It was the finale, they rescued Han, and Luke had a green lightsaber which is my favorite color. Now it's probably Empire for all the reasons Akkarin listed and more. I particularly enjoy the set they used for Luke and Vader's fight. I love fight scenes that move around and take advantage of their surroundings and it had a really neat esthetic that changed with it.

Of the prequels (deep breath before unleashing unpopular opinion) episode one is my favorite. I have two words for all of you: Darth Maul. That final battle with Battle of Fates playing was amazing. And knowing that Ray Park choreographed it by just asking the stunt doubles to try and hit him makes it even cooler. Plus, no whining from Hayden Christiansen. Kid Anikkin was way emotionally tougher than adult Anikkin. (I feel like I botched the spelling there)

Of the incomplete new trilogy I think I liked Awakens better than last Jedi but I've seen it more so it's harder to compare the two. I felt like Last Jedi had too much filler in the middle just to give the others something to do while Rey trained.

More
6 years 1 week ago #318988 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Favorite SW movie
Rogue One or ESB. I haven't decided yet.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #318989 by
Wait, you can have a fave? ;)

I love TLJ, and really can't wait for a director's cut, so many great scenes gone unused.

More
6 years 1 week ago #318990 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Favorite SW movie
It's a tie between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 1 week ago #318995 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic Favorite SW movie
Revenge of the sith...it's the defining moment in all the films. But I'll always love all the prequels...the Jedi in there highest moments..lightsaber fights everywhere..and the fight coriography was amazing. Granted some of the graphics were a bit eh.....and then of course there was jar jar....but aside from that..love em...and three is my fav.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake Nislan

More
6 years 1 week ago #319013 by Locksley
Replied by Locksley on topic Favorite SW movie
Sort of ordered by "series." But, I love them all, and I also love different ones depending on my mood.
  • Return of the Jedi (the first remastered version).
  • Empire Strikes Back
  • A New Hope
  • Phantom Menace
  • Revenge of the Sith
  • Did this one exist? ... I mean, Attack of the Clones...
  • The Force Awakens
  • The Last Jedi
  • Rogue One
  • Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure (1984)
  • Ewoks: The Battle for Endor (1985)

I also very much enjoyed Clone Wars the animated series (especially the final season). I will not speak of Rebels.

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake Nislan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi