Your Saber color and why?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #312219 by
Your Saber color and why? was created by
Hey guys just out of curiosity and an attempt to get to know some others here who share my appreciation for swordplay, if you could imprint on a crystal and build a lightsaber what color do you think yours would be and why?

I'm pretty sure mine would be purple or green as I have a very delicate balance between talking things out and going on the attack. I try to avoid fighting and prefer to use logic and words to resolved any issues that I encounter, however when and if it comes to physical conflict I don't hold anything back.

Let me know where you guys stand looking forward to your answers ^_^

May the force be with you always.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #312227 by Carlos.Martinez3
Purple - hands down purple . As for the style : I'll take a Wokie wood style any day.

I'm a naturalist and a grower by heart : gardener with a warrior spirit but Semper Paratus as I've been told - always ready with dirt on my boots and a saber at arms length .
Purple

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, , Jake Nislan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #312232 by
Replied by on topic Your Saber color and why?
As many people have seen, I have a white sabre. Around my neck alongside my TotJO pendant I also have a clear quartz crystal. When I first joined I wanted a dark colour, and for simply no other reason than I wanted one that looked cool.

But now I have my white sabre, and I've not regretted it since. White, canonically, is one of two things, a raw crystal that's not been imprinted upon, or (as I visualise my own as) a healed bleeding crystal. I was in a dark place before coming here. But over time I healed, my bleeding heart turned whole again, returned to its natural state. So my crystal is white to represent my healing.

I do still have an eye out for a indigo sabre, indigo being the colour of a Forcesaber. They channel raw power, and many that use them become corrupted by the dark, throwing off the balance. To use one, in my mind, is a statement that I can use my own power, but not let it control me.

I have to agree with Carlos for looks. Currently my sabre has a light grey wrap, but recently been wanting to have it replaced with a wood veneer to give it a wooden hilt look. For me this reminds me of nature, having grown up on a large plot of land mostly dominated by forests. I would spend all day out in the woods, making shelters, sitting quietly, thinking. The touch of wood, raw wood brings me back to that place of tranquillity, a reminder of a better time.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #312233 by
The color is hard. I would have to say green or orange.

As for the form, I'm a Makashi guy. So curved hilt. But I am also fond of the saber staff.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #312237 by
When it comes to color, I am a believer that unless the user forces their will upon the crystal (causing it to bleed and thus produce a red blade), the blade color will manifest itself in whatever best represents the user. It is not for a Jedi to decide or control. Kinda like the Sorting Hat in Harry Potter... the crystal knows what is truly in the heart of the Jedi and will show it in its color.

That is what I find most fascinating about Mace Windu's purple saber blade. As the first of its kind in the movies, it opened up the idea that not all Jedi are "light" or "dark". His blade represents the internal struggle against the dark he knows to live within himself. It is this darkness that adds a little red to his otherwise blue saber and turns it purple.

As for style, I'm a fan of Bushido and the katana, so I prefer an aluminum hilt, but wrapped in skin and ribbon like a traditional samurai weapon.

EDIT: And now that I've given you the deep philosophical and spiritual mumbo jumbo, here's what the actual nerd in real life has hanging on my wall...

Attachment Saber.png not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Added the photo

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #312244 by
The Darksaber is what I seek. It is one of a kind, a rectangular hilt and black bladed that is shorter than a normal light saber blade and flattened to resemble a traditional sword.

To me this blade represents the singular uniqueness of my path here and the strife I have had (and continue) to go through to earn my place. The blade can only be gained through conflict and sacrifice or its possessor is deemed unworthy of its possession.

More
6 years 2 months ago #312250 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic Your Saber color and why?
Someone asked this about a week ago and I'll restate the Awnser I gave then. Mine is purple and here's why. ( just my personal thoughts....may not be in alignment with SW canon)

1. In the first two movies blue was good and red was bad. Purple is a combination of the two. Personally , until I feel I have become close to 100 percent good, or 100 percent bad then a combination is what I will use.

2. I read that mace windu used purple due to his practice of a fighting style that used dark side skills but in a light side way. He could do so due to his skill and focus on self control. On my path self control has been one of my few allies and somthing I have always worked on. Serving in the military for 15 years discipline and self control were pounded into my head.

3. I keep my saber in a glass case in my living room sitting on a stand covered in purple velvet. Seeing the saber and the purple velvet is a daily reminder to stay in control of my life. ( I'll post a picture in a moment). It's also to me, a reminder that I'm not perfect and won't ever be, but that doesn't mean I can't use my imperfections in a good way.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, , Jake Nislan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #312420 by
Violet and Indigo are the colors that I’ve used in the two lightsabers I’ve made:

Violet Razor: has a Violet blade and light color since it is my understanding that Violet is closer to Blue than Purple. As such, the Violet Razor represented my desire to pursue good rather than evil. But also reveals that, despite my best efforts, I do occasional act out maliciously in fits of rage, ire, and aggression.

And

Soul’s Harbinger: has an Indigo blade and light color since it is my understanding that Indigo is closer to Red than Purple. In that respect, Soul’s Harbinger displays how I have constantly struggled to retain balance within myself and how I have occasionally come so very closely to committing actions that would cause the Kyber Crystal within my Saber to Bleed.

Left Picture is Soul's Harbinger, Right Picture is Violet Razor (haven't inslatted the electronics yet).
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #312434 by
I'd have to say Green consular has always seemed the path I'd go down. I'd try to avoid combat unless necessary.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #312437 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Your Saber color and why?
Green, as I am Slytherin (represent!) and was the color held by my favorite Jedi of all time, Qui Gon Jinn, who never failed at following his own inclinations regardless of the wishes of the council...

Attachment FB_IMG_1511998174831-01.jpeg not found

Purple is quickly becoming a favorite second as to its significance to my future, and of course crimson as an alternative representing my past as I am a bit of a Revan at heart....

As for forms, my form is that of "no form." After months and months of study and practice, I've come to the realization none of them truly fit me. Instead I take from each and work continuously to create my own...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, rugadd, Kobos, , ,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi