the new saber designs...what do you think?

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #183982 by Adder

TheDude wrote: Inquisitor's: Let's face it, this one really has no inherent flaw.

Unless a volley of blaster fire is aimed at the hand in the middle of the rotating blades!?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #183984 by RyuJin
the cross guard saber has emitters on either side...so your hand would slide up yes...but not hit blade...it would hit the emitter...

as to the pike...you have to use a whole different fighting style...pikes and spears are used completely different from staves and sabers...

and the shafts of the pikes in starwars were made with a cortosis weave which would negate a lightsabers blade should it come into contact...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #183987 by TheDude

Adder wrote: Unless a volley of blaster fire is aimed at the hand in the middle of the rotating blades!?

But the inquisitor showed that he could extend only one blade and just use it as a normal lightsaber if he wanted to. So the new saber is really just an additional feature. And he demonstrated knowledge of the Jedi saber form which focuses on deflecting blaster attacks. I forget the name right now, but I'm pretty sure he mentions the form by name specifically.
So yeah, I think no matter what weaknesses it has while in spin mode, I think it's still inherently better than a standard issue styled lightsaber since it's just an additional feature.

• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #183992 by RyuJin
soresu....the defensive form

the inquisitor had knowledge and understanding of all the forms and skills jedi used...it was his job to know...that's how they hunted down the stragglers...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheDude

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi