http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Galaxies
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #154699 by
Replied by on topic Star Wars Galaxies
Nope, I was more of a Star Trek Online/World of Warcraft person. I've played most of the MMOs out there but eventually gave up on them because the grinding was so tedious. After reading the Wikipedia article, it looks as though I might have missed something truly special with SWG.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 8 months ago #154704 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Star Wars Galaxies
I wanted to play but wasn't going to pay 3 times to play 1 game...purchase of game, internet service, sony online membership

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
9 years 8 months ago #154821 by SilverWolf
Replied by SilverWolf on topic Star Wars Galaxies
I used to play swg, was in a few guilds, then made my own. I tried to get people to do stuff as a guild, but when I came in to the game at 8 am my time, and stayed until 2am the following morning and kept asking people as they came in "does anyone want to do something" and after a few months of grinding up toons alone with the only way to grind up was terminal missions, you get bored. So I finally gave up my city of Avalon, and started playing SWTOR, no... it's not a sandbox game, it will never compare to what swg was. However in swgemu, there is no space, once you complete a themepark it's done, and no jedi currently. At least in SWTOR you can level up, do instances or flashpoints, or daily quests when you reach 55, space missions...though it is rail space. You can do space pvp, and regular pvp, you have collections, and as of 8-19 SWTOR will have housing. I have a guild on SWTOR called "Guardians Of Honor" If anyone would like to join my guild and have fun.

SilverWolf

More
9 years 8 months ago #154823 by SilverWolf
Replied by SilverWolf on topic Star Wars Galaxies
Don't get me wrong though, swg when it was nge was fun, and as long as you have active players, swgemu is fun. however i saw more and more players and friends quit coming in....and it was sad, because as much as sony sucked on keeping it running, I had fond memories of swg when it was under sony's control. It really is ashame what happened to swg. However, as I said in my earlier post, if you want to play SWTOR and you got toons on Jedi Covenant, send either Silver-Samurai , ShadowWolven, or SilverWolven a message or a mail.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #154905 by
Replied by on topic Star Wars Galaxies
A friend of my has been playing SWTOR sense it came out.
He has 17 level 55 toons on 3 different servers.
He knows his ops and flashpoints very well.
Only thing he does not do is PVP.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi