Star Wars @ Science Fiction Museum (SFM)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #127179 by
I was at the Science Fiction Museum (part of the EMP Museum ) in Seattle again recently and thought some of you might enjoy pics of the Star Wars related objects on display. There are only a few (hiding among items from Aliens, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, The Matrix, Doctor Who, Blade Runner, and so on), but they're fairly prominent and easily recognizable.

-Here is a link- to the photo gallery. I believe it's accessible to everyone, but if not please let me know. :)

If you have the opportunity to visit the EMP Museum while in Seattle, I'd highly recommend it. They currently have a fantasy exhibit going on (that's beautifully done), as well as an entertaining horror exhibit , and a ticket also gives you access to all of the music exhibits at the Experience Music Project portion of the museum.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #127184 by
I got to set a Star Wars exhibit at the Smithsonian once and then again at a museum in Sydney with my husband and daughter. It was great! Thanks for sharing the pics!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #127186 by
Awesome, Naya. That sounds like fun. I wish there were more props/items at the SFM, but they rotate exhibits frequently, so maybe when Episode VII comes out (2015?) they'll be inspired to bring in more.

The exhibit I wanted to see was the Star Wars Identities exhibit, but I missed it when it was up in Canada.

I bet the Smithsonian exhibit was great!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

More
10 years 4 months ago #127190 by Kit
How cool! I miss going to museums. Back home around this time of year, Balboa Park (where all of our museums are located) open up parts of their museums for free to the public for ...I forget what it's called now but it use to be Christmas on the Prado... *sigh* I miss home!

Dad took us to see the Star Wars exhibit when I was in High School. I LOVED the art and the imagery that I saw on display! As well as see the things displayed in person that I had seen in the movies that had captured my heart haha.

I'm so jealous of you 'Cade! Thanks for sharing!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #127203 by
Wow... Balboa Park looks gorgeous.

Jealous of me? haha... I'm jealous of anyone living in places that don't have constant rain and gloomy cloud cover. ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #127217 by
Yeah, the Smithsonian was great! I have tons of pics, but they're all at my moms. This predated the digital camera or at least it did for me. Lol I do have pics somewhere of the Sydney one. I'll have to post them when I'm on my computer next.

Oh and feel free to send some of your clouds and rain our way. I'll send some of our sun. ;)

More
10 years 4 months ago #127249 by Kit

Arcade wrote: Wow... Balboa Park looks gorgeous.

Jealous of me? haha... I'm jealous of anyone living in places that don't have constant rain and gloomy cloud cover. ;)

Balboa Park really is the cultural center of San Diego. My favorite memories are there. The two times I took my husband home with me I took him to Balboa. I remember in the summer time, wandering around the Park simply for the architecture and gardening. There were people who played music, palm readers, magicians...there was an outdoor amphitheatre where you could wander in and watch people put on a Shakespeare play with minimum props and no backdrops so it was half of your imagination. A replica of the Old Globe Theater was there where they would put on shows (you had to pay for those usually). All of the museums were housed in building of splendid architecture covered in columns and statues holding up the roof. They had cultural houses where each little house you could walk in was like walking into a home in that country. Toys, food, language, all run by volunteers.

I think my favorite was in the summer, every Sunday, they had a HUGE outdoor amphitheatre where you can come in to sit and listen to an organist play a four-tiered pipe organ. *sigh* I got to tour the building once and I remember seeing hundreds of pipes that ranged from as small as my little finger, to two stories tall. They deck the whole building out in lights and a tree for Christmas and have choirs and orchestras there.

Although the year-round motorcycle weather was nice, it gets very monotonous very quickly haha. I'm looking forward to experiencing winter again this year :D
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi