Meaning of "Use the Force, Luke!" Scene

More
10 years 8 months ago #114026 by steamboat28

suliskveteba wrote: Does the force only flow through us when we are calm?

God, I hope not, or I'll be spiritually constipated for the rest of my natural life.

I think, honestly, that it's the other way 'round: the Force does not flow when we are calm, the Force calms us, so we may flow. Our actions, our intuitions, our instincts--they are unimpeded when we are calm, and the Force gives us something to "lean on" for that calm to take hold.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #114027 by steamboat28

Brenna wrote: Its the peace that comes from having put something in motion and then being able to step back because you no longer have any influence.

One of my "Zen places" is the millisecond after releasing my bowstring. You know, right then, as soon as you let the arrow fly, whether you'll hit the target or not. You can shut your eyes, you can cover your ears, you can ignore anyone watching, and you will know--with perfect clarity--if you've made the shot correctly before it ever strikes the target. It is one of the most freeing feelings I've ever experienced, because whether I succeeded or I failed, I know what led to that conclusion, and it is truly out of my hands. It does me no good to fret or worry over it any longer, as the arrow has gone, and I can influence it no more.

I'm working to bring that feeling into the rest of my life. It's just a little less obvious, sometimes.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 8 months ago #114084 by

sidvkili wrote:

Rickie The Grey wrote: What was Lukes motivation to become a Jedi Knight?

insulting the eldery?

. ??

What was Anakin's motivation to become a Jedi knight?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 8 months ago #114087 by

Learn_To_Know wrote: I find it interesting that using the Force helped him blow up thousands and thousands of people. The Force helped him be destructive to his full potential!

Why not use the Force to turn their death star ray gun into a flower shooter?

Mechanic: I can't explain it Emperor Palpatine...this is a head-scratcher. The gun won't shoot destructive energy...it only shoots flowers and the Beatles "All you need is love" plays through the station speakers.

Emperor: I hate Jedi.

:P

BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 8 months ago #114155 by
I think I perceive this as : a level of calm is not applied by me to reach the force, rather the force is applied by me to reach a level of calm

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi