LucasArts Closing

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #101248 by
LucasArts Closing was created by
This is a sad day. LucasArts, one of my favorite videogame developers, is closing its doors.

Games like Zak McKracken, Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Labyrinth, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Loom, the Indiana Jones adventure games, not to mention all of the Star Wars titles, were a huge part of my childhood and of anyone else's who grew up in the 80s/90s (and even the 00s, for that matter).

-Read the article here-
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #101254 by
Replied by on topic Re: LucasArts Closing
So sad. :( I loved these games. Will be missed.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #101257 by
Whilst I liked them I'm not sad to see them go, it'd be nice to see newer secs & companies to rise up, I'm a huge indie dev supporter because they're very into story rather than graphics... This isn't everyone, just some...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #101266 by

Metsu Desal wrote: I'm a huge indie dev supporter because they're very into story rather than graphics

That's what I loved about LucasArts. Some of the best storytelling ever done in videogames was represented in their adventure game series.

I feel the same about indie developers. There have been a few titles over the last few years that I've really liked (Dear Esther, Home, Fibrillation, Machinarium, Alpha Polaris, Thomas Was Alone, Escape Goat, Vessel, everything by Wadjet Eye - and Telltale games if they count as an indie company). Not all of them were heavy on narration, but most were exceptional narratives.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #101282 by
Thank you for sharing this news with us, Arcade. I agree that this is a sad day.

I guess this means LucasArts won't ever create Star Wars Battlefront 3. I understand that the game has been constantly pushed back indefinitely, but they seemed to be making some progress with the earlier announcement of Star Wars: First Assault (the supposed predecessor of Battlefront 3).

I guess I'm happy to know that Disney will still allow third parties to make Star Wars games. So, it isn't the total death of Star Wars games in all.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #101287 by
There are Star Wars GAMES!??

Haha. I guess I do own Lego Star Wars. That's the only game I've ever played on my PS3; I use it for a DVD/Blu-Ray player mostly (I thought I would play games on it, but never got into it...)

Sorry for your loss guys.

May richer games from other producers be ever before you.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi