Bill Nye is getting a new TV Show!

More
7 years 6 months ago #255614 by JamesSand

Bill is no scientist; he's an engineer so take his "science" with a grain of salt

It's probably a good thing he's presenting then - Scientists tend to be rubbish at actually explaining things.

Engineers (aside from being more handsome than the general population) can usually break things into logical and understandable fragments for the layman.

:cheer: B) :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #255638 by
Bill Nye is an atheist, isn't he? Kinda doesn't jive with having a faith in the Force.

More
7 years 6 months ago #255639 by Edan

Streen wrote: Bill Nye is an atheist, isn't he? Kinda doesn't jive with having a faith in the Force.

What has faith in the Force got to do with Bill Nye? (Unless I've missed a comment somewhere)

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #281737 by
Just wanted to let everyone know that this show, Bill Nye Saves The World, is out on Netflix and is actually very entertaining and informative.

More
6 years 11 months ago #281742 by Leah Starspectre
I binge-watched it yesterday, and LOVED it. I watched his show as a kid, and if ever there was a show that fit the definition "kid's show for grown-ups," this is it! It's truly adorkable, and (I think) gives the overly-emotional millennials (ie. my generation) a taste of critical thinking and scientific method. And when I say "overly-emotional," I mean "overly reliant on emotions to the detriment of reason"

I'd also like to add that Dr Phil, while not licensed to practice anymore, is an actual forensic psychologist (with a PhD) who practiced for a long while before getting into TV. ;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi