"Back to Nature" By George Monbiot

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #173526 by
This is an excellent article from the BBC Earth web page, covering Sagas, reconnecting with large wildlife and exercising our natural instincts, living non-linearly, and Rewilding.

Back to Nature

It is an excellent article and one that heavily relates back to everything that gets discussed by this community.

As a side note, Rewilding is something that interests me greatly. Here is a pretty solid 4 min run down on the effect rewilding can have on an ecosystem.

(woah, I just noticed that George Monbiot also narrates this video...cool)
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #173527 by
That was a great article. A great source of unhappiness for me is that I didn't spend enough time in nature while growing up. Something I plan to fix in adulthood. I would love to see a world where nature once again runs free. I imagine a world like in fantasy movies and books where there are still towns and cities but not the same sprawling metropolises (metropoli?) that seem to dominate our world (at least in the US). The closest thing to nature around me is farms and one or two state parks. I enjoy going to the parks, but would love for there to be actual wilderness. I was very happy when, earlier this year, the DNR announced that there were actually a family of bears who had made their home in my state. It's the first time in a very long time, normally any bears we get are just passing through.

Sorry for the rambling. :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi