Planet formation captured in photo

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #168418 by
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29932609

A protoplanetary disc has formed around the young star HL Tau:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #168419 by Zenchi
If that isn't evidence of the universe being a grand design I am not sure any other could possibly suffice. The Universe is indeed a cosmos, not chaos manifested....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #168424 by
Awesome, majestic realization of the beauty of the universe does not require a design nor designer...

The realization of the beauty arises solely within one's consciousness, so it is understandable why there is a desire to categorize and define the vision...

I simply wish my span of consciousness in this form extended long enough and were indelicate enough to watch the process unfold... Then again, I could sit and watch a waterlily flower open, but haven't, so I guess it's somewhat hypocritical to wish for one while not bothering to do what I actually can...

Chaos is more than a theory.... B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #168425 by
Hmm...I think this image shows gravity at work not a manifestation of design (to each their own though, right? I don't think either interpretation is inferior). The cosmos are inspiring no matter what secular or spiritual scale you fall on.

I'm reminded of the retrograde orbit of Neptune's moon Titan: it's the only moon in the Solar System in which its orbit is opposite to the planet's rotation. Why out of all the moons is it opposite? Chaos or harmony?

I think it's beautiful either way.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #168441 by
Either way, regardless of what you attribute this too, it is a wonderful and beautiful sight to behold. I wonder if any of those planets are Earth like?

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 4 months ago #168454 by ren
And this was going on only 450 years ago.... How long does it take for planets to form I wonder?

(also I'd love to visit one of the european southern observatory facilities. The sky's bound to be pretty awesome over there)

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi