Religion vs. Science

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #130127 by Jestor
Religion vs. Science was created by Jestor
Hadn't seen this Faith vs Science conversation....

Deepak was the only name I knew, but it was very good....

Almost two hours, but the time went quick...

"The Future of God Debate Sam Harris and Michael Shermer vs Deepak Chopra and Jean Houston"

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #130147 by
Replied by on topic Religion vs. Science
This discussion is worthy IP material. I have only listened to the first round thus far.

In the first round it is stated that belief exists because there is something to protect.

Sam, the third speaker, says that the discussion can go one of two ways . . ."consciousness - what could be" versus "what people believe now". He states that only a minority believe in the former; therefore, it doesn't matter. He does not deny there is infinity.

Sam's choice tells us everything "he believes". I use belief here as meaning value. He values limitation even though he does not value the old paradigm religions. Since he can't or won't speak to the scientific creation story . . he attacks the old religiious paradigms . . . he chooses to attack what his bodies eyes have seen by way of saying (this is what most believe), sarcasm, and (only a minority believe in consciousness). So he believes it has no value for discussion. That is what he believes, that is where his faith lies.

Deepak's vision, on the other hand, is not unique, the marriage of science and infinity for the good of the race and the planet. For the last 100 years the number of new religions, unraveling of the old religions, and the individuals speaking to it is escalating at a quickened rate. Then, there are those who don't accept the old paradigm and are individually and or quietly in the process of opening their awareness to the new and broader ways of thinking, seeing and experiencing. Thank you books and the internet.

For some this vision is fascinating . . for some it creates tremendous fear: "If I can't be defined, then I am nothing and I don't exist bringing forth the terror of separateness and aloneness" . . . human nature.

The human call to the "unseen" to the "infinity" exists in all humans whether one is called to the old paradigms or new paradigms for explanation or whether one can't or won't look at it or be with the idea of it at all. It is simply human nature.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi