Delusion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75519 by
Replied by on topic Re: Delusion
Trancendance is a good word to use. But it feels to me in this context that the word is be used as simply a tool to describe something, or the other way around. Which is all part of the same philosophy...

The list is endless. But simply becuase we are staying on topic doesn't necessarilly mean that we are getting it right. Let me explain.

I have met many people that simply use a phrase like "Here and now" in various different ways and consider themselves correct and along-side with works like the power of now. Alot of the time there is little-to-no truth is what they are saying.

This is difficult, because I wouldn't exactly tell them that, becuase then they would just get upset :S .

In truth alot of people think that wisdom and philosophy and the like are cold hearted. And I myself have thougth of Buddhism a as rubbing it in. But don't get me wrong, I am aware that (Like Buddhism says) it is my own actions, in various situations that have led to my not being able to fully grasp the concepts of these texts, and left feeling a little out-of-the-loop when I hear Buddhist teachings on the subjects that directly describe the subjects and situations that I have performed those particualr actions...

In short, follow the wisdom that is allready in your heart. Do not be concerned too much about a particularly popular way of thinking and speaking. These philosophies aren't there to simply tell you what you should do. Or to describe a model mind or state of mind. Listen to and read stories that you like (Hero path stories.)

And get inspired! :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75658 by

By the way have you seen Jackofalltrades around here? If you see him can you tell me I'm looking for him?

LOL. Very Zen. I like that ;)

Transcendence, for me describes the action but of course not the experience.

The actor, action and the experience are one. Yes?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75722 by
I am in agreement with many of the statements made in this thread. What comes to mind for me is the quote...

"Ask me no questions, I will tell you no lies"

I view this statement like this...

It is not that I would outright tell you a lie, but that the answer I give you might be from the wrong perspective, or with a personal "twist" that does not fit the context of your question. Your question may be from a personal viewpoint that is skewing the question to elicit a favorable response. Either way, would it not be best to contemplate through thoughtful meditation, on the question at hand, and answer the question you already have the answer for?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75769 by
I agree, Phortis. The saying that comes to mind is, "Everything I tell you is a lie". Also, "Is it what the teacher teaches or what the student learns?"

I guess the only thing to say is, "many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view". :)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 5 months ago #75772 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Delusion
One of the sith paradoxes is "I always lie"...even the truth is a lie from a certain point of view

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75783 by
All the sith care about is destroying faith and generating hate. So those phrases don't surprise me. Nor do they really have much effect on me.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi