The Great Integrity

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #222417 by
The Great Integrity was created by
We live in a time where technology has created vast abundance in both wealth and opportunities, and also the possibility of complete annihilation. In no other time has mankind had these tools to the extent that we do. The tools for universal peace have been squandered on the few. If people start to work toward living the Great Integrity, mankind could live in an era of great prosperity. The mindset that some have is this goal is beyond our reach.

“A thousand mile journey begins with one step.” To expect things to change overnight is a fool’s errand, and to expect change by never exerting influence is like staring at the fridge and expecting it to make your meal. Starting to open other people's minds to the idea of not wanting more than what one person truly needs is the first step. “Only those who know when enough is enough can ever have enough.” The idea that to save the world is not a noble act; it is an act of self-preservation. For if we are all connected, than by saving you I am saving me.” Act without acting on. Work without working at, and accomplishing without ever having to struggle is to become part of the processes in motion rather than to work against processes.”

How do you exert influence beyond the self and touch the world?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #222459 by
Replied by on topic The Great Integrity

Anubis wrote: We live in a time where technology has created vast abundance in both wealth and opportunities, and also the possibility of complete annihilation. In no other time has mankind had these tools to the extent that we do. The tools for universal peace have been squandered on the few. If people start to work toward living the Great Integrity, mankind could live in an era of great prosperity. The mindset that some have is this goal is beyond our reach.

“A thousand mile journey begins with one step.” To expect things to change overnight is a fool’s errand, and to expect change by never exerting influence is like staring at the fridge and expecting it to make your meal. Starting to open other people's minds to the idea of not wanting more than what one person truly needs is the first step. “Only those who know when enough is enough can ever have enough.” The idea that to save the world is not a noble act; it is an act of self-preservation. For if we are all connected, than by saving you I am saving me.” Act without acting on. Work without working at, and accomplishing without ever having to struggle is to become part of the processes in motion rather than to work against processes.”

How do you exert influence beyond the self and touch the world?

Just live your life the best you can. The only mind you can open is your own. Lead by example. If you're a shinning star people will see you. If your a beacon of positive energy people will be inspired. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #222462 by

Anubis wrote: How do you exert influence beyond the self and touch the world?

It begins with the heart, I think.

As I read your post, I kept thinking of Buckminster Fuller, the inventor and philosopher (known to his admirers as Bucky). I was honored to hear him speak one night when he was about 84 years old. In the course of his lifetime, he'd transformed from a purposeless, suicidal former member of the U.S. Navy to an independent, remarkably innovative inventor. His principles of design were based on his observations of nature, and he shared the implications of those principles for humanity in his writings and speeches.

The night I heard him, those of us in attendance formed a standing-room-only crowd, and his energy captivated us. He spoke, like you, of the need for integrity and its relationship to humanity's survival and even thriving. I remember him saying (paraphrased), "Humanity is now in its final exam. We will either insure the well-being of every member of our species, or destroy ourselves." He believed we had the capability of either outcome, and encouraged us to embrace the former.

While he rarely wrote or spoke of spirituality that I know of, the key to Bucky's appeal was his heart and his spirit. He blended a deep caring for humanity with a conviction that we had it in our hands to emerge from our historic muddles. I think if we can learn to connect with, and express, the same spirit within ourselves, the answer to your question is found.

It worked for Bucky. He passed away about 30 years ago, and I am still sufficiently moved by him to try and share his vision in this post. I hope it works.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Corrected two errors in grammar

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #222468 by
@ Omhu Cuspor

I picked up a Tao Te Ching book written by Dr. Ralph Alan Dale. Normally when I pick up similar books I tend to skip the forward and introduction but for whatever reason I did not with this book. It is his words that I speak and he moved me in a similar fashion as Buckminster Feller moved you. The only other books Dr. Dale wrote were medical books regarding acupuncture. I attempted to seek him out but unfortunately he passed away. My personal goal is to move toward his and Bucky's vision of what Dr. Dale called the Great Integrity.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #222470 by
Nature created us but we also must remember it wants to kill us. We should never be so bold as to assume we will ever damage or destroy this planet. We may change it but who is to say that change is not necessary? Maybe we are destined to destroy ourselves to make way for something different? It is our own hubris that leads us to the conclusion we have a right to survive above all other things.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi