Gisteron

More
9 years 8 months ago #153921 by Llama Su
Replied by Llama Su on topic Gisteron
In every facet of the human endeavour there is bound to be the great old possibility of corruption...
Which is why justice is part of an importance to the Jedi.
I would like to think this is more of a reason to serve on the council... To provide such a reality as to what standard of behavior to live by... Would this not be inspiration?
I am happy you are a member Ren, never the less, and value you sharing the thoughts and all that you have and are...
Genuine honesty is hard to find at times...

This topic got off track...

All of this is simply a part, a piece, a tiny moment in the balancing equalization of the force...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #153922 by
Replied by on topic Gisteron

Khaos wrote:

tzb wrote:

Arcade wrote: Most of us are here because we want to learn something about ourselves, others, and our connection to the Force.

Agreed.

I'm not sure I understand why people with the opposite opinion would continue to come here?

Really?

So we should only venture as far as our comfort zones?

I actually come here because it is opposite....No, not opposite, well, not always, of my opinion.

Um, no.

Arcade's post, which mine was in agreement with, countered Ren's picture of TOTJO as a community of sanctimonious hypocrites engaging in a "popularity contest" rather than sincere participants undertaking meaningful debate, a perspective two others evidently shared.

Interesting that you mention "comfort zones" however. Several people who have taken pains to declare a friendly approach to debate irrelevant are now dismissing most debate here (which is largely respectful and friendly in tone) as meaningless. Perhaps if they had moved outside their own comfort zones and communicated with sincere interest in the thoughts and opinions of others they may have found their experience of TOTJO debate more edifying or useful.

Instead I see a few people persistently moaning about the state of things. I agree with some of their complaints and not others, see changes made in some areas and not others; but if it's got to the point where they feel the community (something no-one can click their fingers and change, nor something most would wish to) is bad I'm unclear why they continue to be a part of it. There are other websites, after all, and one can be Jedi/whatever without being an active member of a forum.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #153926 by
One of the perceived downsides of moral relativism, is that there is no real disagreement between two parties.

In a relativist debate one person says "This is what I believe" and the other says "This is what I believe". If either side says "No that is wrong" then the other can say "Well that is just what I believe", because in moral relativism there is no 'Truth' there are only 'Truths'.

That is the case in this thread (originally), except that both sides have used different methods of knowledge acquisition to arrive at their conclusions. One side has used logic and the scientific method, the other side has used experience. Who is right? Well they both are... because in moral relativism there is no 'Truth' there are only 'Truths'.

Ultimately it all comes down to what you think works for you, what type of basis for acquiring knowledge you wish to use.

I think of logic and science as being sharply defined, squarely cut and angular. I think of experience as being more fluid and bendy. Humans aren't machines, we are bundles of chemicals and chemical/electrical reactions, and if there is one thing about a big bundle of chemicals, it is that it is fluid and changing. Sometimes being angular is the best thing for them, but sometimes being fluid is the best thing for them.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #153944 by

Learn_To_Know wrote: That's a very interesting comment from you ren as you have a more unique position than almost all considering your behind the scenes admin work and time on the Council.

Why did you serve on the Council as long as you did and support the community with your time and hard work for so long if you feel the way you do?

(Maybe that's a better question via PM.)

Deep down inside Ren is a touchie feellie Jedi. :) :cheer:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #153947 by
Great thread. I'm here for discussion and the resulting thinking. I embrase opposite opinion and challinging my thoughts. I accept some of us are different (and am glad for that) and we may never have a meeting of the minds, hearts or spirit. That"s all OK.

I don't care how some things are written/said. I developed a low tolerence for: disrepectfull, offense, belittling and insulting statments no matter how subtle or sly they may be.

Khoas and others I do enjoy the exchanges. You're smart but it seems you're making a game out of and try not to understanding other people or we are just so different you can't. Sometimes I think you're just looking for a rumble and feed on the energy of your posts extended discourse. :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #153949 by
OMG PLEASE GUYS AND GALS.

You have high-jacked this thread from what I wanted it to be was more of a question and answer.
I truly am trying to engage Gisteron, go argue elsewhere.

Gisteron;

QUESTION 5: Do you agree or disagree that quantum mechanics seems to break down the normal laws of physics when you move from the macro level to the sub micro level?

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 8 months ago #153950 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Gisteron
Sorry Scott....

That is the trouble with public forums.... :blink:

I dont think you stated in the beginning that this was a thread strictly for the two of you...

When I want to understand someone, like Khaos, I send PM's and we exchange them until both parties are done...

Everyone, please refrain form posting here, and someone make a spinoff...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Llama Su

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #153968 by

scott777ab wrote: You have high-jacked this thread from what I wanted it to be was more of a question and answer.

One on one questions with someone else are best done via PM.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #153969 by

Jestor wrote: Sorry Scott....

That is the trouble with public forums.... :blink:

I dont think you stated in the beginning that this was a thread strictly for the two of you...

When I want to understand someone, like Khaos, I send PM's and we exchange them until both parties are done...

Everyone, please refrain form posting here, and someone make a spinoff...

That is not what I meant Jestor at all.
I do not mind seeing others points of view, actually I want them.

No I didn't state it at the beginning, but was kind of informally implied by addressing Gisteron.

TO GISTERON:
Right now I am still reading other pages on the Law of Idenity, of Excluded Middle and of Non-contradiction. Every page I keep finding I keep finding the same hole in them. So before I give my opinion of those here I am doing a lot of research.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #153971 by

Akkarin wrote:

scott777ab wrote: You have high-jacked this thread from what I wanted it to be was more of a question and answer.

One on one questions with someone else are best done via PM.

I was not looking for exactly one one one with Gisteron.
But it got crazy, the thread for 3 pages had nothing to do with any of my questions or gisteron's answers. It was just a mixed bowl of:
THE BULL MANURE OF THE FORUMS

you add nothing of value to the site
yes we do when we find something of value to add
blah blah blah blah blllllllllllllllah

back and forth, even I have been guilty of this quite often.

I was not wanting this,
why do all the interesting threads that start out interesting end up with this bull manure in them?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi