Duality/ Polarity

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 7 months ago #118622 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:Re: Duality/ Polarity

Lykeios wrote: That verse from Tao teh Ching that Jestor posted has always baffled me, why couldn't he leave it at "the one creates all things" instead of going to three? Obviously its implied, but still, K.I.S.S. :p

Because, like like life...

It's told as poetry, or as a song... ;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #118628 by
Replied by on topic Duality/ Polarity

That verse from Tao teh Ching that Jestor posted has always baffled me, why couldn't he leave it at "the one creates all things" instead of going to three?

Simple. First there was Oneness. No duality. The Force United. One gave birth to two, meaning Yin and Yang were created so that we could experience opposites and exist in a subjective universe. Two gave birth to three, creating the Trinity: Mind, Body, Spirit... God the Father, the son, and Holy Spirit... Past, Present, and Future... Here, There, and In Between...

Once that was established, the universe was set to give birth to ALL THINGS. This is why there needed to be the one, to split into two, which created the three. Skip any of those steps, and the universe would not exist.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #118688 by
Replied by on topic Duality/ Polarity
Lykeios wrote:

(there was a time I called it Eru and anyone that picks up on that reference has my undying respect)

Eru Iluvatar. One of my favorite reads.

More
10 years 7 months ago #118745 by Lykeios Little Raven

Nephilim wrote: Lykeios wrote:

(there was a time I called it Eru and anyone that picks up on that reference has my undying respect)

Eru Iluvatar. One of my favorite reads.

Rickie The Grey wrote: Tolkien been around for a very long time. ;)

Woohoo! Not one but TWO! AWESOME! I knew people know Tolkien but that's one of his less-read books! Silmarilion is my favorite of his works because it covers the history and mythology of Middle Earth and those are my favorite topics.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi