How Many Heads Do You Have?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #107368 by
Replied by on topic How Many Heads Do You Have?

MurMur wrote: There is and can be a lot of confusion in what has been stated. .

Nah, just a lot of opinion and theory. It's intriging to think about though.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 10 months ago #107375 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic How Many Heads Do You Have?

Rickie The Grey wrote:

Jestor wrote: Yes and no...

Would you agree that your mind is not really you?

Yes and no. Couldn't help starting like that. My (our) mind(s) is all me (us) and all everything else. One mind. We are all connected. We just don't know until we know. For some that may never happen. Acknowledging our ignorance is liberating and mind expanding. For some they live it from birth. The mind is a dangerious thing. If we master our minds we master all.

lol, right...

If we are all one mind, why do we not think like it? Why are our thoughts and such not in better sync?

Because we have "monkey mind', 'ego' or whatever....

So, if we step out one level, to observe our thoughts, then we are of two minds...

If we can step out another level, which I can almost see, we can observe mind2 watching mind1, with mind3...

Im working on getting mind3 to watch mind2... Because sometimes, mind2 should bepaying better attention to mind1...

lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #107380 by
This is an interesting one, as it can be different for each person.

I have my commonly accepted body and head, which exists in the commonly accepted universe that we all perceive. This body1 is what others base their models of me off of.

I must also have my own model of this body1, which is called body2, inside body1.

Now I have a mind1 inside of body1, and in order to perceive that mind1 I have to perceive mind1 which creates a model, which is mind2.

Now can we really call mind2 a mind? It doesn't actually do any thinking, it's a mere model.

Now onto how we observe our thoughts.

I think I'm seeing this differently.

I have mind1, it does all the actual thinking, processing, smelling, seeing, everything.

When I want to "sit back and observe my thoughts" I don't leave mind1 and view it from mindB, I merely view the thought process of mind1, from within another part of mind1.

When I go on a spiritual journey, again, I'm not leaving mind1 behind, and viewing everything from mindB, mindB doesn't exist for me, I merely continue using mind1, outside of brain1.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107393 by
If we are all one mind, why do we not think like it? Why are our thoughts and such not in better sync?

It's a big diverse mind with no limitations where anything and everything is possiblebut I do believe we have more in common than different

Because we have "monkey mind', 'ego' or whatever....

Monkey mind is a challange :(

So, if we step out one level, to observe our thoughts, then we are of two minds...

If we can step out another level, which I can almost see, we can observe mind2 watching mind1, with mind3...

different levels same mind

Im working on getting mind3 to watch mind2... Because sometimes, mind2 should bepaying better attention to mind1...

lol...[/color][/quote]

Can be confusing isn't it. That's part of the challange and joy of the mind. Exploring the unlimited with the limited
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
10 years 10 months ago #107398 by Jestor

Soya wrote: Now can we really call mind2 a mind? It doesn't actually do any thinking, it's a mere model.

It observes....

Which is how we should being mind1 as well, right?

Not thinking, not judging, just observing...

Rickie wrote:

different levels same mind

Yes, ok, then lets say it like this...

level-1, being watched by level-2... And I really need to have level-3 pay more attention level-2...

lol....

Rickie wrote: Can be confusing isn't it. That's part of the challange and joy of the mind. Exploring the unlimited with the limited

I dont find it too confusing...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #107414 by
I dont find it too confusing...:)

You're certain? ;)

Hay how about this one modified from Shrek...The mind is like an onion it has layers. :)

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
10 years 10 months ago #107416 by Jestor

Rickie The Grey wrote: I dont find it too confusing...:)

You're certain? ;)

Uh, yes? Maybe? No?

:lol:

Hay how about this one modified from Shrek...The mind is like an onion it has layers. :)

Hmmm, momma said, I was a bloomin' idiot... Is that what she meant I wonder?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #107419 by

Hay how about this one modified from Shrek...The mind is like an onion it has layers.

Ha! I do so love simplistic views of complicated theories.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107473 by

Jestor wrote:

Soya wrote: Now can we really call mind2 a mind? It doesn't actually do any thinking, it's a mere model.

It observes....

Does it really observe? If I make a robot, or more properly an android, and put a brain in it, but only a model of a brain, all the computer chips and motors being in the central cavity, does this brain observe?

The model of me, inside my head, might move and speak, but only as I see myself doing. The brain or mind in that model doesn't actually do anything.

You may perceive your brain or mind translating all those signals, from outside of your mind, but when I perceive my mind working, my brain translating signals from my eyes, translating signals from my brain to my mouth, I do it from my thought processing center, inside the same mind.

Your description of how you see your brain, are like looking into a glass box, holding a working model of the room you're in.

I have that same room, that same glass box, but all it is is a glass box.

If i want to see my thoughts I don't look into the box at my computer, I turn away from the box and look at my computer.

If I want to see my vision, I look at my tv, not into the glass box at the miniatures of the room.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
10 years 10 months ago #107482 by Jestor

soya wrote:

Jestor wrote:

It observes....

Does it really observe? If I make a robot, or more properly an android, and put a brain in it, but only a model of a brain, all the computer chips and motors being in the central cavity, does this brain observe?

If I put the wings of a bird on a elephant, can it fly?

Did you build the robot to observe? The 'roomba' robot observes, however elementary, its environment so as to be able to vacuum a room...

Or would you make one out of a chunk of clay that does not even have the promise of doing any thinking?

The model of me, inside my head, might move and speak, but only as I see myself doing. The brain or mind in that model doesn't actually do anything.

You may perceive your brain or mind translating all those signals, from outside of your mind, but when I perceive my mind working, my brain translating signals from my eyes, translating signals from my brain to my mouth, I do it from my thought processing center, inside the same mind.

Sure, someone else said 'levels', so run with that...:)

Your description of how you see your brain, are like looking into a glass box, holding a working model of the room you're in.

I have that same room, that same glass box, but all it is is a glass box.

If i want to see my thoughts I don't look into the box at my computer, I turn away from the box and look at my computer.

If I want to see my vision, I look at my tv, not into the glass box at the miniatures of the room.

Perhaps I am not being clear enough...:)

Imagine you are watching yourself on tv... You dont really know what the actor is going to do, but you watch it...

Its like that...

Now, look at it like a video game...

You control the guy a bit... You make him pickup a stick,however, you didnt make him crouch down, extend his hand, grasp the stick, and straighten back up...

All you did, via the controller, was say, 'grab the stick'...

Be the controller...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi