Animal Totem/Spirit Animal exercises

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #70372 by

Mark Anjuu wrote: I work a lot with animal guides and helping people to find them. I'm happy to send you an audio file of a guided journey if you think it would help.

That would be fantastic, Mark. Thank you. I've already got an idea of my totems but the animal guide is what I really wanted to discover from the beginning.

Wescli Wardest wrote: My "animal Totem" was given me by a Sioux Chieftain once I passed the gauntlet. And this knowledge was afforded him by the tribal Shaman or medicine-man. It is a long story...

That sounds like one hell of a story you have there, Wescli.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 8 months ago #70375 by Jestor

Williamkaede wrote:

Wescli Wardest wrote: My "animal Totem" was given me by a Sioux Chieftain once I passed the gauntlet. And this knowledge was afforded him by the tribal Shaman or medicine-man. It is a long story...

That sounds like one hell of a story you have there, Wescli.

If you feel like sharing it, maybe a journal entry?

;)

Anyway, Ive never felt I needed one, but I must admit, there are certain animals I have found I like... And at times, I think of the qualities of these animals...

I work a lot with animal guides and helping people to find them. I'm happy to send you an audio file of a guided journey if you think it would help.

Gm Mark, would you also send me those files?

MAybe I have one and dont even realize it... lol..

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #70405 by
OK, if anyone wants the file (and also to hear my voice again! lol), it can be downloaded here: http://www.markbarwell.co.uk/extras/spirit_animal_journey.mp3

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #70457 by
I just did this exercise. Wow.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 8 months ago #70458 by Jestor

Williamkaede wrote: I just did this exercise. Wow.

What? No results? lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #70504 by
No solid ones. Too many distractions. But when my mind snapped out of the distraction and re-focused I saw a grey fox. As I went further into the meditation it blurred and I'm not sure if I saw a wolf or a fox.

More
10 years 7 months ago #118674 by Lykeios Little Raven
Personally I did a meditation exercise to find my Spirit Guides/Spirit Animals. It was simple but I did it a few years ago so I'm not sure how well I remember it. If I recall correctly the first step is to get into a moderate meditative state without going too deep to where you can't guide your consciousness. Then, imagine yourself walking into an open meadow from out of a cave or dark forest. There is a beautiful tree in the center next to a pond. You sit down or stand against the tree and simply wait enjoying the scenery. When an animal appears (after any given length of time) this is your spirit animal/guide.

Mine, in case you were wondering, are two. The Wolf (who is a totem and spirit animal for me) and the Raven.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #119604 by
I've already posted it in my journal, so, sorry for the double post but I didn't notice there was a dedicated topic :

Last week, I met Kohadre on the chat of TotJO and we talked about totem animals.
I told him that an internet site told me that mine was the bear. He was kind not to laugh at me and explained to me that one have to find it and it's not given (especially by an internet site).
He told me that the way to find it is to go meditating in a forest, see yourself sitting on a log into a clearing and wait for it to come to you.
So I did.
I went to an ancient sacred Celt forest, I sat and started to picture myself sitting on my log in a clearing. There was running water near me, so I also pictured a waterfall to integrate the noise of the water in my vision. I started to wait for it to come, and a bear came ! But it just acted like I was not there. It came into the clearing, sat for a while and leaved. shortly thereafter, a beaver came and leaved too. then my vision focused to the pond at the foot of the waterfall, and I saw the was a trout in there.
Unfortunately, there was people around, and the noise they made just broke my concentration and my vision.

I think, the bear was there to tell me that my old idea was wrong. It was a goodbye. After that, I'm not sure, but I think the beaver was here because these days, I'm chopping wood for the winter, so, it's in my mind because it's a tiring job. And I can't explain the trout. Maybe that's the one, but the end of my vision didn't allowed me to explore this way.
I will try again.
To be continued...

Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #119617 by
A Shaman friend of mine did a spirit animal retrieval for me several years ago, and the animal I got was not at all what I expected, but exactly what I needed.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #119632 by
Let me guess... :dry:
A coyote ?
:laugh:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi