What makes a Pagan Jedi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #30661 by
Replied by on topic Re:What makes a Pagan Jedi
In your example, I'd talk to them if that was possible and ascertain their state of mind. If they are of sound mind and really believe that suicide is the only way for them, to interfere in that would be doing them harm. I have compassion for all life, that's why I'm vegan, but I also believe in people's right to determine their own life (and death).

I agree with what you said earlier - the only difference between any of the rites is the way in which they life their Jedi way. I follow a path which is seen as being pagan so that's how I choose to identify. Having a rite dedicated to paganism means I can join with others in following such traditions within the framework of Jediism.

Anyway, we're all Jedi and as Shakespeare wrote: \"a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet\" or something like that! Lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #30662 by
I agree, Mark, and the point I'm trying to make is that we are all after basically the same things. Paraphrasing Joseph Campbell in the initial programme material: the differences are less important than the similarities.

But the point being made is about the role of kindness and how it's not always apparent what is or isn't kindness.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #30672 by
Apologies, I was replying to the topic title and the more recent discussion about the application of the quote from the Wiccan Rede.

With regard to kindness, I agree that it's hard to tell sometimes but in trusting the Force, we can allow our actions to be guided in whichever way is best. In this way, our own judgment is removed and we follow the will of the Force, which certainly helps with our own concerns over how to act!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #49977 by
Jediism unifying most beliefs. As most (if not all) of us, we're all from different paths (shaman, wiccan, druid, kabalist, christian etc). I share with you a form of buddhism faith. I already had many "fights" with "friends" about my view about covens/clans/packs.I been accused of being passive and to not rescuing friends from all of their problems as to not loving them. I'm an adept of the Lotus path is if someone is passing a life trial, it's to make him grow... if you help him and make him avoid this trial, you'll spoil his life learnings. It work aswell with the karma, it's not helping someone to make him avoid to pay it. Nothing come for nothing, there's always a purpose behind each life trials, all of them are opportunities to grow as individual. To blindly help others is not proofs of love, but egoism... To defend someone who did something wrong (on purpose), it's too make yourself accomplice of his faults...

Even if we was all pagans, i can tell you that these "friends" kicked me right away. Oriental and occidental views are totaly different on many things. The Jedi Order unify all religions and beliefs, you can read the comment i left at, it exlain how i see the Force, might help few :)

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Pagan/11588-Question-for-all-Pagan-Jedi?limit=10&start=10#49976

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 week ago #56377 by

RedHeron wrote: That is really a great insight, Qui San Gin!

And likewise, in the Pagan path, I've spoke to people who tell me that the Force is like the God and Goddess, like magick itself, and like other things. Always, they equate it to the familiar, and it works... this tells me that the Force is all things, within all things, outside of all things, and everything.

That's exactly the way I feel about the Force. As a Wiccan I identify with the Triple Goddess and Horned God, but together they are the All, or in this case, the Unifying Force. My view on divinity is rather pantheistic as it can be with many Pagans.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi