Druid Orders that compliment your Pagan Force Studies

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 May 2014 09:27 - 29 May 2014 11:45 #147754 by
I know a bit about these orders and I'm a member of most of them. Each have their own take on Druidry or Druidism.

New Order of Druids: Membership is free and they have an online college with some free courses, and some for upgraded membership.

Order of Bards Ovates and Druids (OBOD): Membership is a little pricey, but that's how you access the first of their 3 courses. Membership to discussion forum is free though.

Reformed Druids of Gaia: Free Membership. Free Course. Very Anti-dogmatic. Very hippyish and free loving.

Ár nDraíocht Féin (ADF): Very low membership fees. Free courses. Very Academic

The Druid Network: A free to join multi-Druid organisation to facilitate discussion between Druid Orders.

Please add any more that you deal with.
Last edit: 29 May 2014 11:45 by Jestor. Reason: Links to other sites - OP was contacted - Ask that links be removed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2014 10:34 #148445 by
Feeling inspired to move forward with Druidry, I've signed up OBOD. I'll let you know how I go.

It's about $600 Aussie per annum (doe to exchange rate), but I chose to pay quarterly. I will receive lessons in audio and written form.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2014 15:47 #148481 by
I have taken OBOD's courses and got a lot out of them.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jun 2014 10:33 - 01 Jun 2014 10:56 #148672 by
Also: thearchdruidreport.blogspot.com

Druid spirituality and ecology.
Last edit: 01 Jun 2014 10:56 by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jun 2014 18:22 #148700 by

Demnos wrote: Feeling inspired to move forward with Druidry, I've signed up OBOD. I'll let you know how I go.

It's about $600 Aussie per annum (doe to exchange rate), but I chose to pay quarterly. I will receive lessons in audio and written form.

An aunt of mine actually studied with a quite famous druid in Austria called Raborne, who unfortunately died about two years ago. I would be interested to learn what kind of lessons OBOD offers and if you profit from them spiritually. Please keep us updated.

More
01 Jun 2014 19:46 #148711 by Edan

Demnos wrote: Feeling inspired to move forward with Druidry, I've signed up OBOD. I'll let you know how I go.

I did the Bard course about 5/6 years ago out of curiosity; I didn't get much from it at the time, but that I think was my fault really. I conversed (letterwise) for a while with one of the druids but I never really connected with it all; I was a very different person then. Looking back now I think that there is something of value in Druidry for a Jedi.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jun 2014 09:19 #148745 by
Thank you for posting this. I came across Druidry a few years ago, but that was back when I was unconscious so I never really understood what it had to offered. May the Force be with you in your studies!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jan 2015 12:14 #176487 by
Hi guys,

An update on this. I'm up to lesson 28 (Week 28) so I'm a little over half done.
I've been assigned a mentor, but I email him rarely, as the course is self explanatory to me.
What I've learnt is that OBOD is a mystery School and you don't really know what it's about until you start studying.
To me, OBOD is finally what I think a Druid in 2015 should be.
I use the audio CD & manual book lesson method. So I get a package once a month.

To me, because I've done a few pagan courses before, it's come easier to me, as I can draw on things like ritual/meditation/the elements etc.

What Edan said has some truth to it. I think sometimes you have to be ready to really absorb the stuff. So I may revisit older lessons in future and get more out of it. You can't absorb it all in a year, and I don't think you have to.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jan 2015 12:24 #176488 by
The Archdruid's Report is interesting blog on a variety of topics but appears to favor 21st century ecological issues: "Druid perspectives on nature, culture, and the future of industrial society" (thearchdruidreport.blogspot.com). John Michael Greer is an excellent writer and his blog is a good example of how one's spirituality informs one's practice.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jun 2015 13:18 #193889 by
Well I've just finished the OBOD Bardic course, and I sent my final assessment to my Tutor. He's away so I'll hear word in two weeks. I'm quietly confident I will pass, and if not I can submit more. I've decided to go straight on to the Ovate course.

It really is a great course, and I'm glad I committed to it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi