Force Powers

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #88761 by
Force Powers was created by
Ok, So I had some doubts on something about our religion and downloaded the Great Jedi Holocron onto my iPad.

I "flipped" to what I was looking for and then before I closed it I decided to check out the table of content pages again. There I find an entire section dedicated to various "force powers":Jedi Mind Tricks, Telekenisis, etc.

I read the TK section and found it extremely interesting. So, here I am, presenting all of you with a question. Have any of you ever tried this out? If so, to what degree of success? Is it something you advise a fellow Jedi to look into?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #88762 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: Force Powers
I will say that I feel that most people that could, or are able to do anything of any of that would tend to pretty much keep it to themselves or in a tight knit group of trusted friends.

Also, anyone that went around claiming such abilities I would be suspicious of. If someone was able to do any of it with any dependable, repeatable result… I think it would have been all over the media by now.

But… I will end with this. Don’t let anyone tell you what to believe. If you think it’s possible, trust your feelings. Without our beliefs and our faith, what are we basing our religions on. ;)

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #88764 by
Replied by on topic Re: Force Powers
I shouldn't "advise" to do anything related to Jediism. However, I do want to offer how I view this sort of topic. I personally view Jediism, in general, as a very down-to-earth religion of practical and moral principles. Likewise, I view the real Jedi community as people of these down-to-earth principles. I also view real Jedi as people who want to share common interests and lifestyles with other like-minded people. I also view Jed as people who want to find their position and knowledge of spirituality by studying all types of spiritual concepts.

I DON'T view Jedi as "super heroes", "special people", "chosen people", or "gifted people" (unless they really are). So I don't see the point in trying to study "force powers", since people who believe that real Jedi have these "force powers" are usually role players, and not true members of the real Jedi community.

More
11 years 4 months ago #88766 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic Re: Force Powers
I believe these abilities exist but not in a way most think. Can you guess what one is thinking? Can you inspire people to do something? Can you make people to trust you? Can you listen to your heart? Can you.... these are all different abilities that one may call force abilities... and they are all special...

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #88770 by
All wise responses. Thank you, Comrades.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #88804 by
These "powers" are magnifed out of perportion by imagination, fantasy, desire for power and the movies. Ibelieve many of these "powers" are real and natural but on very fine energy levels more refined than the brute images that commonly portray them.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #88810 by
The holocron is... interesting. I haven't read through all of it but I have read through some. It is a, from what I have read, gathering of different people's (Jedi) views on different topics

I would question anyone who ever made claims of supernatural ability. Maybe they do exist. Awesome! :woohoo: But why exactly should we care? Because they're 'cool'? A Jedi shouldn't do things because 'it is cool'...

How many people can you help with 'power', if that is even worthy of such a description, like that, as opposed to maybe spending the time teaching or volunteering etc?

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 4 months ago #88827 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Force Powers
There are many real people with unusual abilities that could be viewed as "powers"....for every myth, every legend, there is a misunderstood truth it was based on...I'm empathic...Ican "sense" the emotions of those around me...scientifically I'm probably using visual cues and other sensory cues to subconsciously calculate a persons mood...it does't negate this ability...Ican see auras...but so can anyone if they focus hard enough and know what to look for...auras are energy being released...look outside on a hot day and you can see the heat energy being released(those blurry waves)...all living things release this energy constantly...it's just hard to see...I'm also precognitive...but again I'm probably simply using various sensory cues added to experience and understanding to calculate the most probable outcome...

I've read the holocron a few times, and some of the powers described Ifind difficult to buy into...however that is simply because of my experience and desire to fully understand things, that does not mean they are any less real or any more real...the power of belief is an amazing thing...Ido believe the mind is a persons most powerful tool/weapon...when Iplayed football we had a saying: what my mind can conceive, my body can achieve...Ibelieve in this saying...after all the mind controls the body...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #88832 by

Dreton Vas Suiver wrote: Ok, So I had some doubts on something about our religion and downloaded the Great Jedi Holocron onto my iPad.

I "flipped" to what I was looking for and then before I closed it I decided to check out the table of content pages again. There I find an entire section dedicated to various "force powers":Jedi Mind Tricks, Telekenisis, etc.

I read the TK section and found it extremely interesting. So, here I am, presenting all of you with a question. Have any of you ever tried this out? If so, to what degree of success? Is it something you advise a fellow Jedi to look into?

TK isn't mind over matter. It is the storage, fusion and release of yin and yang energy from the human body.

There is no free lunch either.

You can't will something to move with your mind.

You can spend thousands of hours in meditation to store energy like a capacitor for later use.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #88833 by

Rickie The Grey wrote: These "powers" are magnifed out of perportion by imagination, fantasy, desire for power and the movies. Ibelieve many of these "powers" are real and natural but on very fine energy levels more refined than the brute images that commonly portray them.

Rickie, if anything these "powers" are limited and constrained by the movies.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi