Everything You Know About AIDS is Wrong

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #86885 by
I'm not talking about just "colleagues" here, Ren. I'm talking about family and friends...I have never known anyone who had aids...and I go far enough back to remember when it was "new"...I can remember being told in school that you could contract aids from mosquito bites...like malaria.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #86908 by
I dont know to much about AIDs/HIV or any other diseases but I've never heard of any other diseases that is classified in such a way. Having HIV causes people to think that symptoms from any other diseases is a symptom of AIDS. From what I've read the article seems to suggest that what we've been told about AIDs is off. It might be fake it might be classified wrong, it might be something else entirely. It would be foolish not to look into it. :dry:

As for the mosquito bite thing....Thats false you cant get AIDs from a mosquito bite. I can think of 2 reasons

1. Mosquitos dont put blood into your body they take it out.

2. Even if the bite some one with AIDs they digest the blood first before they bite another person.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 4 months ago #86979 by ren
Alluvius, the rates are low enough it would be very unlikely for you to have a family member diagnosed with HIV infection (though that depends on where you live...)

The mosquito bite thing was FUD

Having HIV causes people to think that symptoms from any other diseases is a symptom of AIDS. From what I've read the article seems to suggest that what we've been told about AIDs is off. It might be fake it might be classified wrong, it might be something else entirely. It would be foolish not to look into it.

There are, sometimes, symptoms to the initial HIV infection, but the symptoms, as far as I know, rarely occur and are fairly mild. AIDS, as Mark and I have already said, is an immune disease. There are no particular symptoms to a broken immune system other than an increased likeliness to catch random diseases.

In recent years the numbers of heterosexual vs homosexual transmissions has got closer together but there are still more heterosexual transmissions than homosexual. Over the last 10 years, there has been a rate of over 4 times as many heterosexual transmissions than homosexual ones.

I wonder, are these figures based on percentages or numbers? As in there are 5000 new homo cases vs 20000 hetero cases or infection rate for heteros is 1% vs .25 for homos? I'm asking because 20000 heteros out of (let's say) 50 000 000) is not as bad as 5000 out of 1 000 000. (I'm using random numbers here, I have no idea what the stats are)

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #87007 by
In my defense, I know that the "mosquito bite thing" is absolute poo...I was just trying to say that I'm old enough to remember the beginning of the "aids epidemic"...back when we knew pretty much nothing about it, but doctors refused to admit it.

As for the article itself...I'm not saying that HIV/AIDS don't exist...I'm just saying that I'm not willing to completely discount it just because it flies in the face of "traditional fact". My point is, essentially, how can you (anyone) be so sure that the stats haven't been doctored in order to divert funds or influence policies. How can we "know" that all of the info on the "aids epidemic" is on the "up and up"? Pharmaceutical companies and governments are the ones who create the statistics, doctors merely quote them. Even assuming all doctors want to help people, it would be naive to assume the same from drug companies and governments considering what we've all seen from them at this point...I'm just trying to caution people against believing everything they read or hear, regardless of source. Take all "facts" with a grain of salt (at least), and understand that sometimes you can't research a thing to get more reliable info, you just have to "go with your gut". And I would hope that all of our guts tell us not to buy anything wholesale from any corporation or government...no matter how many scientists, doctors, or other "professionals" they say they can quote...

But by the same token, don't accept wholesale everything some kook who writes for an anarchist/conspiracy publication says either...be cautious about what you accept as "fact".

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi