fourth of july celebrations

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #65891 by
why is it that we americans celebrate our independance day by having missiles explode in pretty colors as a way to say "thank you" to soldiers who very likely never want to see another explosion in their lives? im not saying its the wrong thing to do, but this has always confused me.
and another thing, why is it every celebration/holiday/party involves more alcohol than the amount of water in the pacific ocean? seems a little rediculous to me to have a celebration or party by getting so plastered you forget what happened that day.

just a little rant here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #65901 by
Replied by on topic Re: fourth of july celebrations
Because it's pretty.

I mean, really though... no matter why they STARTED doing it, it happens today because like to "ooh and ahh" about the hot lights in the sky.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #65904 by
Replied by on topic fourth of july celebrations
I think that independence day is meant to celebrate the signing of the declaration of independence. Not necessarily military personnel, that's more reserved for memorial day and veterans day. I agree though, that we as Americans and others world wide forget about the importance of what our forefathers did over two hundred and thirty years ago. It was a great day for mankind and freedom. Side note... People drink too much, but it is a party haha
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #65905 by
When we celebrate the 4th of July, we are remembering the day that we gained our independence as a nation. Celebrations generally include fireworks, so it makes sense to shoot off fireworks while playing patriotic music. Also, the fireworks can be viewed as symbolism. A representation of the battles we fought to gain our independence.

Now for the alcohol...why do we get plastered? Simple...it's a party, lol. Just like with fireworks, it's tradition to drink during celebrations. Humans have been doing it for hundreds of years.

Although, the most simplest answer would be that this is the USA.........we like to get drunk and blow shit up :D

God bless America! YEEEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!! :P
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #65908 by
This is slightly irrelevant to the questions, but still related and humorous.

If anyone asks you, "Is there a 4th of July in the UK?" just remember it's a trick question ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #65941 by
Hadi, I love how you tell it like it is!!!
Happy fourth to my American Jedi friends :woohoo:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi