North Alabama Jedi gathering in 2012

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 weeks ago #55964 by
Just floating a thought of a Jedi gathering sometime this year for members in the North Alabama area (and of course, for members who want to drive their butts to north alabama just for the event).

when is a good time for everyone? summer? im thinking summer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 weeks ago #55970 by
I have so many friends who live in Alabama. I know a Jedi gathering wouldn't fly with a specific someone in my family, but perhaps if I were already visiting friends there...? Is that too deceitful for a Jedi? lol

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 weeks ago #55972 by

Reliah wrote: Is that too deceitful for a Jedi? lol

Lying is justifiable under circumstance so no in my opinion

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #55973 by Jestor

Reliah wrote: Is that too deceitful for a Jedi? lol

We are grey....;)

Sometimes, ya gotta do, what you gotta do....lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #55982 by ren
Nothing is too deceitful for a Jedi, you are encouraged to lie to the authorities whenever they ask you about certain stolen property you are travelling with. You even can manipulate theirminds using the force. That's how cool we are with it :D

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 weeks ago #55997 by
well, masters ren and jestor, it wouldnt be a party without one or both of you. you can duel to see who gets to go if you both want to go but scheduling or something forbids it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 weeks ago #56015 by
I just moved from Alabama in November of 2010. I guess I could hope for one in New England...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 weeks ago #56029 by
I'd love to fly down there to attend, but i've already got 2 trips planned (one for Georgia in June, and another to Michigan for Christmas). Otherwise, i'd be all for this. Maybe, depending on my living situation, i'll hold one here in Houston, Texas next year and use my house as a place to crash.

But anyway, good luck on getting this together. For those of you having gatherings, remember this:
pics or it didn't happen :P

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 weeks ago #56037 by
i just had a GREAT idea! what if we had a meeting to coincide with this event (and no, its not one i am an organizer or marketer for or whatever. just think it would be cool. and i imagine a bunch of us would be down with old school gaming!)

http://www.nappacon.com/

(opening page words)

Hello everybody! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Noctem. As N.A.P.P.A.Con's Official website host I will be updating you regularly about everything and anything N.A.P.P.A.Con! I know there is not much to see yet (there are many mysteries waiting to be revealed!) but stay tuned for more info on guests and events soon. And remember, if it's OVER 9 THOUSANNNDDDD!!!! it's gotta be Nappa-Con!
DATES AND LOCATION NOW OFFICIAL!
Dates: July 20- 22nd, 2012

Location: Country Inn & Suites, Bank Street NE, Decatur AL 35601
Reservations: 1-800-596-2375 US/Canada Toll-free (Reserve for N.A.P.P.A. Con for only $70 a night!)
Telephone: (256) 355-6800 Fax: (256) 350-0965

Email: mailto:cx_dctr@countryinns.com

PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW LIVE!
We now have pre-registration information available on our "Registration" Tab up above. If you pre-register now you can come to the con all 3 days for just $25 dollars. It will be $40 dollars at the door so don't miss out on this great rate. We also have detailed information about our special V.I.P. Access passes, Founders passes, and Lifetime passes. Only 15 Silver V.I.P./Backstage Access passes will be available to be sold, only 10 Golden Founder's passes, and only five Diamond Lifetime passes. Artists Alley and Dealers registration information is also available using the "Registration" tab, as well as Group Rates
THE N.A.P.P.A.CON PROMISE

For those wondering what will N.A.P.P.A.Con be like? What kind of con is this going to be? Well, it will primarily be an anime and gaming convention with a strong focus on entertainment, events, exciting guest stars, and making *you* the con attendees our stars for a weekend as well. You see... The majority of this staff is comprised of those of us who really loved Alabama's original first "mother ancestor" con Persacon. It had such a great "family feeling" to it. We all understand after nearly a decade of running Persacon the owner's desire to retire, but we were some of the people crying at Closing Ceremonies because we just didn't want it to end. So, we are going to do our very best to create a similar environment for our attendees at N.A.P.P.A.Con. A place all-ages friendly and where friends become like family.
Home Page
nappacon.com
Check out http://nappacon.com

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #56040 by Alethea Thompson
I live in clarksville, you get a date that is not in May or July, I'll see what I can do. Maybe even host a live episode of Force Realist on location. David lives In Georgia, he may be abletocome as well (David hosts Knights of Awakening with Justin).

EDIT: Should have been here last week for MTAC- it was awesome.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by Alethea Thompson.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi