• ren
  • Topic Author
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 2 months ago #52327 by ren
I'm being serious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17242956

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #52328 by Ben
Just looked at my Facebook news feed and quite a lot of people have posted links to this article accompanied by very scathing comments and swear-words - I don't think anyone's falling for the line that this would be a Good Thing...

B.Div | OCP

• ren
  • Topic Author
    Registered
More
12 years 2 months ago #52329 by ren
They're reducing police numbers, shutting down stations (they are in my town, incidentally I live in the midlands), and now they realise they transformed the remaining officers into paper pushers they are hiring private corporations. Which are not and never will be cheaper. Have you ever asked the police officers you see whether they are employed or volunteer? So many of them are special constables, it's frightening. Really makes me wonder what all that bloody tax is for.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52356 by
Hmmm, this man has no idea how to run a country. He's turned our country on it's head, it's even worse in the NHS he's brought in some more management tiers that absolutely do not give benefit to the system in any way possible and they're costing us a fortune, my mum works in the NHS and she tells me of how the many many managers sit around all day doing nothing, and when they decide to do something they abuse their power to benefit themselves. My local police station is shutting down aswell and it is a tragedy, it won't save money at all because more crime will take place because the only police to stop them have to be dispatched from miles and miles away and it costs thousands to hold prisoners and there certainly will be more. I don't believe that any political party are perfect but seriously? Labour spent years building on the NHS and police force and then within the first year of being in power David Cameron has torn it all apart.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52372 by
Sorry Ren, no can do, it goes against all my beliefs! ;)

I do not agree with his policies however! :(

I have always been a Liberal Democrat but I felt completely let down when Nick went over to the dark side! :angry:

MTFBWY

• ren
  • Topic Author
    Registered
More
12 years 2 months ago #52414 by ren
To be fair to clegg and his party, he did what was necessary, as at the time sticking to ideals was just not reasonable.

And, labour did introduce those nasty NHS trusts (and uni fees), which is why hospitals around the country are going bust.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 weeks ago #56806 by
Pardon the American ignorance here, but I was under the impression that Britain was a borderline police state already. What with all the cameras and what not. Sort of like they were using 1984 as an instruction manual, minus the blatant communism.

• ren
  • Topic Author
    Registered
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #56818 by ren
In the UK, the police has no power. So basically people can only be convicted thanks to a camera.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #62573 by
by the angryish talks, we are living in a bad country. would shooting a picture of him at archery help?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi