American experiment

• ren
  • Topic Author
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 6 months ago #43760 by ren
American experiment was created by ren
British media has called the euro an "experiment" ever since britain failed to meet the requirements to join in the 90's, and keep calling it so despite the 350 million using it directly every day. (And the 170 million using a currency pegged to it).

Now, the United States of America are an experiment too. Despite the declaration of independence in 1776, treaty of Paris in 1783 (official recognition), and the constitution of 1788 that is still in use today, it would seem some british idiots would like to waste time arguing the legality of the declaration of independence and how it's an "experiment"... when they should be worrying about important things, like a sustained inflation at 5% for instance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15345511

Unbelievable.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 6 months ago #43765 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: American experiment
Overall, I'd say we are a successful experiment...;)

We just need to grown up and learn how to be responsible for ourselves, quit worrying about what all the other are doing, and start saving our allowance....

We could joined a gang I guess....:woohoo:

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43770 by
Replied by on topic Re: American experiment
'Y'know, wasn't England itself originally a part of the Roman Empire?' Ouduar asked, 'And then the Normans invaded, there was civil warring with the Scots, the French tried to take over... they've got a pretty messy history of their own, and a lot bloodier. How can they say that they, themselves, aren't an experiment in their own right?'

Jack shrugged.

"Everything's an experiment if you look at it the right way. I'd say even the idea of government is an experiment. Or, for that matter, civilization as a whole. Maybe anarchy and the naturalistic survival model is the only real way to go about it, but we're so comfortable living in houses with electricity and in groups where we have organized structure that we don't stop to think about it."

Ouduar lit up a cigarette.

'What's your opinion, Miss Author?'

"...There IS a way for these experiments to succeed... but there aren't any current or historical models that ARE doing it correctly. We just need to work towards it."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43771 by
This seems like a fairly pointless debate really.

I'd like to see the legality of a rebellion to free yourself from oppression.

Libya just had a revolution. If they create a declaration of independence of something similar does that mean that declaration is invalid?

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #43772 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: American experiment
It is a pointless debate....

I think that's ren's point....

The politicians are backpedaling....

"Oh, well we never really believed that (The Colonies/the Euro) were going to work, but we had to give it a try....."

As Sapadu said, we try something it works, then great!

If not, well, crap, back to square one....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45097 by
lol if people are arguing over the legality of the constitution it goes something like this: What makes a law? A government of the country the law is appointed to. The constitution is in America made by Americans and was in acted as the founding "charter" of our country where all laws were going to be made from. So therefore if the first president said it was a legal document of America and it has not been disputed by any president afterwards, wouldn't that make it legal? By george I think in a sentence I shot down a pointless argument some politician wants to throw out there! Jesus I must be a genius! Or Politicians are just getting dumber? We may never know.:whistle:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi