has anyone heard of cosmosgenisis?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 9 months ago #40663 by
Not the band Obscura's album either....lol
I would like to hear peoples thoughts on cosmogenesis and the galactic alignment. I have some views of how it effects the human brain... but that would be a wall of text

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41493 by
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scyevtmLLaU

I don't think 2012 is going to bring mass destruction if anything we'll go out with a whimper not a bang...

I think the closer we get to the center, the higher the frequency our galaxies center emits (thus causing the pole shift). I also think the pole shift they refer too could be the poles of our consciousness maybe boosting the strength of our minds. We only use a portion of the full power of our brain anyway, maybe this might cause us to use more individually or collective.

any thoughts?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #41496 by
Well this is the very first I have ever heard about it.

I would have appreciated some evidence in that video, because all it is is just speculation.

"This will happen causing this and this and this...." When does it say how and why it will happen? There is no science in that video all there is is just the utilisation of scientific ideas to come up with a conclusion.

I noticed you said you watched the Zeitgeist (in Shout!) I have watched the first one of those and have yet to watch the second. I suggest you google 'Zeitgeist debunked' or 'Reasons why Zeitgeist is wrong' as well, because they can give you a fuller picture of what the Zeitgeist really is.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33261483/

What I'm saying isn't specifically aimed at you Aeros, but rather at everyone who ever watches something like this. What evidence is there? That video just said stuff. It talked and talked and talked but offered no explanation for anything (not to mention the fact that not ALL galaxies are flat and circular... http://hendrix2.uoregon.edu/~imamura/123/lecture-3/lecture-3.html make sure to copy all of that link)
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41498 by
The video just threw random jigsaw pieces on the table without trying to fit them together. Blah blah blah Mayans blah blah blah Bible blah blah blah Milky Way blah blah blah Planet X.

Cosmogenesis sounds like the kind of rubbish thought up by people like Jordon Maxwell to sell books. Notice the vaguely scientific word thrown together with the religion-related word.

Type 'Astrotheology' into Youtube and you'll see the same sort of BS.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41511 by
I just can't find any good videos explaining the galactic alignment at all...

All it is is our solar system rotating around the center of our galaxy and were coming up on the age of Aquarius. And not just the Mayans but other ancient peoples believed it was the end date even in the I-ching this date is to be the end now I'm not saying it's the end. I'm just suggesting that maybe something might happen bad or good or nothing maybe just a pretty alignment of light and stars, that only happens every 22 thousand years. Who are we to say that something won't? We don't know anymore then they do on astrology. O.k. yes their lives and perceptions of reality and the stars were much different then ours but they actually used astrology in everyday life, to grow food, to find there way around, to practice magic.

as far as zietgiest I don't necessarily believe the stuff same as I don't believe everything Micheal Moore had to say or the F.E.M.A death camps videos I just thought it was entertaining

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41512 by
I liked that link you showed me too btw I havn't had a chanced to read all of it but i book marked it for later

More
12 years 7 months ago #42551 by Adder
Unless it has a sharp boundary the transition into it should be gradual - and as a result so might its effects be gradual in onset. If it did have a sharp boundary you'd think we'd have observed its effect on objects in our neighbourhood, especially if we were only 12 months away from it. Looking online it seems that passing through our galaxies plane increases the risk of collision with asteroids and that historical extinction events match up roughly with passage across the plane. Perhaps we need to be looking for more collision risks out in space because sometimes they seem to be spotted at the last minute. So if plausible it would also be tangible, and so I'd wonder has anyone measured the increase in gravity or radiation at the plane?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #47280 by
This is all the Mayan 2012 prophecy amounts to They didn't count higher than 2012

Does the world end on December 31st every year when you have to change the calender? Of course not. Same thing here.

Seriously Y2K was a more credible danger

More
12 years 3 months ago #47284 by Gisteron
Now this indeed is an interesting theory. But, honestly, to think about whether or not it is going to come like this would result in a speculation anyway. We cannot know that this will happen unless the day it does. We neither can deny it will ever be there only because it did not happen yet.
And besides, the day our world will come to an end is irrelevant. We neither can predict it, and if we could, I doubt we would have any chance to save us anyway, so why even calculating that day?
About the ancient cultures... Well, they may have had a weak counting system or any other evidence or not. We cannot know for sure and if something will happen on each of the days they predicted an era to end, well, then they probably knew something.
Jehova's Witnesses predicted the End on a day missing the beginning of the First World War by six days only. I cannot say how they knew it, but they predicted the End of the world and to quite a lot of people this is exactly what occured.
I don't say, there will be something, neither that there won't happen anything. I stand by that I do not know and I do not see how anyone who prefers to speculate on a topic he does not and cannot know the right answer to would be to consider a scientist.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #47292 by
I believe the cosmos does have an impact on us. I'm reminded of the adage: as above, so below. But as far as planetary alignments bringing about the destruction of all life..... We've survived ice ages, comets, asteroids, super volcanoes, global fires, world wars, feudal governments, a host of nasty viral/bacterial infections.... I'd think a planetary alignment that happens every few thousand years won't be much of a problem, you think? But I'm naturally skeptical of anything designed to create a sense of panic in our already too fearful primate brains!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi