Question

More
15 years 8 months ago #17035 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Re:Question
^ That's in response to Broonhilda Featherspoon.

My response to Sad Sally:

I am Christian, thank you. And I have seen enough in my lifetime to lead me on this path. We are REALIST. I think it is important that you learn to discern the difference between Jedi Realists and those who pretend to be Jedi Realists. Just as there are Christians, and those who pretend to be Christian.

You could look at a good chunk of the Jedi Community as though it is the military-full of randomized backgrounds all bound together for one cause. But this isn't a job, its a state of mind and a way of living for many of us.

May the Force be with you,
Randi Oxford

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17038 by
Replied by on topic Re:Question
Randi Oxford wrote:

I think it is important that you learn to discern the difference between Jedi Realists and those who pretend to be Jedi Realists. Just as there are Christians, and those who pretend to be Christian.

In keeping with the above - remember that calling yourself something is often different from being something. You can call yourself a Christian, but if you don't follow Jesus' teachings, it doesn't matter how much you blurt out Biblical passages, it means jack without a committed heart. You have to be willing to turn the other cheek, to love thy neighbor, and to accept their faults and yours.

Similarly, you can call yourself a Jedi, but if you just go around in a cosplay with robes and a lightsaber, saying \"May the Force be with you\" and talking abouat the Dark Side, you're not truly a Jedi until you put your heart into it. Maintaining peace both within disputes and within your own mind. Keeping your cool under pressure. Helping those who cannot help themselves.

It's all really the same, though. A person can spout all the ideals and quotes they want want from whatever religion they wish they were part of, but unless they personally follow the core beliefs, they're nothing but a poser. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17067 by
Replied by on topic Re:Question
my 2 cents on the wole thread:
people can say wht they will it's easy to bash or condemn to hell what you don't understand or have any desire to understand. Remember Frankenstien? Of Mice And Men. The ones who educate themselfs and can come up with logical arguments are the ones i'll waste a heck of alot of time with.
now the ones who just sprout scriptures gain the universal \"judge not\" reply. besides i've said it before i'll say it again- who EXACTLY are we hurting?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi