Live Action Avatar

More
5 years 6 months ago #326890 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Live Action Avatar
Please, continue. What about any of those references and inspirations had any impact on either the overall plot or individual character arcs and wasn't just a coat of paint ontop of all the depth the tale would have had without it all the same?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #326891 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Live Action Avatar
...did you even watch the series? I'm telling you the entire underpinning of the fictional universe was constructed entirely from Asian influences, and you're still arguing that those influences aren't important? Are you like this with Tolkien, too?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

More
5 years 6 months ago #326892 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Live Action Avatar
I explained twice exactly what qualifies as "important" to me in this context. By no means is this a general standard. If you find that the influences you mention render them an important aspect of the show, that's fine. To me, this is not enough. If you'll find the show less enjoyable should it fail to double down on those references in its casting, that's regrettable, but so be it. I for one will enjoy it if it will be scripted, directed, and cast well, and the colours of the people on screen will pass me right by.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

More
5 years 6 months ago #326909 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Live Action Avatar
Animated series or bust. I've been disappointed by that one guy who made that one thing

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi