Personal Pet Peeves

More
6 years 7 months ago #295609 by Lykeios Little Raven
Things that just bug the bejeezus out of you for some reason or no real reason at all. Share them here!

Thought this could be kind of fun plus a place to sort of vent frustrations (in the same vein as the "Rants Far and Wide" thread). It could even be a funny way to get to know each other better.

(Note: I'm putting this here because this is the sub-forum where the Rants thread is and I figured this is on the same wavelength.)

I'll start. I get really annoyed by certain nicknames that random strangers throw at me. I get these a lot at work. Things like "boss" or "big guy" and similar. I don't know why, but they drive me nuts, it's like nails on a chalkboard for me. It just makes me cringe involuntarily.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #295611 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Personal Pet Peeves
Go ahead, chew food next to my ear....see what happens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos

More
6 years 7 months ago #295612 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Personal Pet Peeves
People who put the milk in before the tea.

It's just all kinds of wrong.

:laugh:

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos, Brick

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #295613 by Lykeios Little Raven
Good choices you two.

Also, I just thought of this, but should we set this up like the rant thread and do "no responding to others' pet peeves"? Or should we allow it to be a discussion/commiseration?

Also also, how the heck can someone put milk in before the tea (or coffee)? :blink:

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Kobos, Brick

More
6 years 7 months ago #295615 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Personal Pet Peeves

V-Tog wrote: People who put the milk in before the tea.

YES! So much YES!

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #295616 by
Replied by on topic Personal Pet Peeves

Brick wrote:

YES! So much YES!

Are you fricking telling me there still is no law against this??

More
6 years 7 months ago #295654 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Personal Pet Peeves
Passive aggressiveness, even though I realise that to say that is a little passive aggressive!

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos, Brick

More
6 years 7 months ago #295671 by Lykeios Little Raven
Haha. Nah, not really.

More
6 years 7 months ago #299809 by Lykeios Little Raven

Edan wrote: Passive aggressiveness, even though I realise that to say that is a little passive aggressive!

YES! This one just skyrocketed to the top of my list thanks to another supervisor I work with.

More
6 years 7 months ago #299819 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Personal Pet Peeves

Amyntas wrote:

Brick wrote:

YES! So much YES!

Are you fricking telling me there still is no law against this??

I'm not a tea drinker and even I don't understand this....

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi