Vagabond Jedi - Transients, Homeless, Gutter punks, Tramps, Hobos, etc...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #275440 by

JamesSand wrote:

Places around the less-known regions of Australia,

Less known regions of Australia will mostly kill you, because they're horrible wastelands :laugh:

there are a number of reasonably well known areas in the southern states where the climate, and proximity to wasteful middle classes can make it exceptionally easy to get by - especially if you team up with other [strike]deadbeats[/strike] disenchanted folk who will want to rail against the government (but still expect the streets to be magically clean, roads repaired, public amenities serviced, and healthcare provided)

:whistle:

Well actually, I've even heard of them repairing roads by themselves. and doing community service too.

You've got to discover these groups to really believe in it, anyway. Change has come. from the moment we changed leaders. people have been liking it. and people have been thinking better.

My country even has a cheap supermarket funded by a Non-Government organization where poor people can afford goods that they need.

It's a waste of life to think anything less, or dismiss the things happening already, anyway. yolo, fellow jedi, sith or anything between. It's better if you think that there is really something better beyond the System. At least Kohadre is following this way. It might be hard, but it's worth it for them.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #275443 by Carlos.Martinez3
I've grown up on the streets in San Antonio tx. Lots of squatting fighting and un mindful action growing up. Lots of .... Sith minded ideas manifested during this time. A part that still exist to this day , very present as a soldier during war in street combat. Very present when I hug my family .
"There's no one more thankful , to sit at a table than the one who best remembers hungers pain.
No heart loves greater than the one that is able to recall the time when all it knew was shame . The wings of forgiveness can take us to hights never , but the wisest one will never loose sight when they were set free... " a jingle I picked up from a friend who shared it with me. P's I'm till this day still just a stret rat . Tha's on with me ! Hope this helps your question !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #275462 by Kobos
Dude, we all have a present a past and a future and we can all be put in that situation. I am blessed my wandering was short (from my point of view), but having a place and no money for food sucked and was a lot worse than being the wanderer I was before I decided to pursue school. By the way when I went to school I still couldn't afford what they wanted to live there, so I stayed on couches', car (bought with cash) and such. Going to food banks and shelters to eat was not fun but I did it, it is a debt I owe society, and hope that volunteering helps re-pay that. I will tell you the semi-wanderer dirty hippy white student from Chicago with bomb ass weed can make you some mad money and get you a decent place eventually in a central IL town, it can also get you in trouble with other groups but that's another story for a time.(DON'T SELL DRUGS, it is simply part of my story and past and some hard learned lessons.) On anther note when i spent my time in AZ I had a nice place with my girlfriend but found myself wandering the desert for days when I didn't have to work.

Point is man there are people here who have been in or out of similar situations and at the end of the day you acknowledge how some of us, if not most get there and I think you also realize that if you make the choice you can set down some poles and build a camp. The life style you choose is your path alone my friend and when you feel either it is time to do as you will you will. Plus, you do not have to do what society shows as proper man has always wandered. Force be with you man may it carry you as you carry it where your travels take you.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Kobos. Reason: edits
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
7 years 2 months ago #275464 by Alethea Thompson
He's not on the streets anymore, but the video below is a guy that is from Temple of the Jedi Force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMCeNN6NITE

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi