Jedi Intervention in Dakota Access Pipeline

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
7 years 4 months ago #266108 by Whyte Horse
I'm going in. I've seen people get their arms blown off by concussion grenades, get their eyes severed by tear gas canisters, beaten to a bloody pulp by rubber bullets, and maced to the point of puking. Anyone who doesn't go is a coward. Time to put on your big jedi panties and live up to the code. This isn't some lame call to action to carry signs and march around. We're going to permanently shut down the oil pipeline military and all those who oppose us. The united nations has been called in to investigate human rights abuses, journalists have been arrested and charged with inciting riots, the list goes on and on and on.

Join the resistance. Be the change or whatever. Or don't. Maybe you can go back to that jobbie and brush this under the rug. I can't.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266111 by Kit
Well I can't go because I have family and job responsibilities that mean I can't afford the time or money to travel. That doesn't make me a coward.

Now what I've spent the last few weeks wondering, is what can folks like myself do to help?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kohadre, Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266112 by
As much as I admire your passion, labeling people cowards for not agreeing with you might be a bit aggressive. I offer this to further educate you and anyone interested in learning some facts before charging in to what might be an unlawful demonstration:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/os-ed-standing-rock-sioux-other-side-110916-20161109-story.html
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266113 by
I completely agree with BBTim, there is no need to be aggressive towards a matter like this even if it is as aggravating as it is portrayed. And as being a inhabitant of the Dakota's it is a bit stressful to hear that other people are being treated this violently while protesting. I have a native friend whom his family went to go protest and his Uncle was maced and put in the hospital. It is very sad to see, but enough of me rambling. I however am willing to go, but cannot, parents permission and all.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266124 by Zenchi
Some of us have responsibilities that demand our time and attention. Not everyone can just pack up and go and you calling them cowards is beneath you. Please think before you cast judgement....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Kohadre, Tarran

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266125 by
It's f*cking disgusting. Things like this are happening and we are just sitting here talking. Get your ass up outta that couch, skim through 'Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee' and you'll know what do do. The Natives are having what little land they have left stolen from them. Let's organize a group of Jedi to go there, provide food and aid to the protesters, and that would get our names out there. Come on guys. This is the opportunity.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266127 by Zenchi

Silas Mercury wrote: It's f*cking disgusting. Things like this are happening and we are just sitting here talking. Get your ass up outta that couch, skim through 'Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee' and you'll know what do do. The Natives are having what little land they have left stolen from them. Let's organize a group of Jedi to go there, provide food and aid to the protesters, and that would get our names out there. Come on guys. This is the opportunity.

What's stopping you?

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Kohadre

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266130 by
I live in the UK, that's what's stopping me.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266131 by Zenchi
Excuses, dont tell others to go do what you yourself will not...

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kohadre

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266133 by
It's not a case of will not, it's one of can not.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi