America IS Great

More
7 years 6 months ago #261654 by Leah Starspectre
I was inspired by this article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/world/americas/sympathetic-canadians-have-a-message-for-americans-you-guys-are-great.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

And since I'm a true-blue Canadian, I'd like to keep it going here.

With all this political rhetoric and "Make America Great Again" bollocks, it's easy to demonize my neighbor to the South. But you ARE great already. You have amazing events and cities (I LOVED Atlanta and DragonCon), awesome people (I have many American friends that I can vouch for), insane innovation (Hello NASA!), and generally you simply DGAF and are happy to be yourselves.

You're not perfect (who is?), but I love you for who you are, America, not who you wish you were.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, , Avalon, Zenchi, OB1Shinobi and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #261657 by
Replied by on topic America IS Great
I needed that. Thanks Leah.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #261665 by
I have a couple Canadian Jedi Friends. It's fun to tease eachother back and forth about who is better (I am not fond of Canadian gun laws XD) But at the end it is all done in fun and we end with reminders why our homes are great (Because so and so lives there ;) )

Its hard to remember the beauty when surrounded by sooooooo much politics.

Thank you *Hugs*

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #261694 by
Another true-blue Canuck here echoing the words of Leah and the NY times article...you guys DO rock, and you don't need to be so hard on yourselves. Chin up, eh! ;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi