Weird stuff I believe in

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #256403 by
Weird stuff I believe in was created by
We've all seen threads where people talk about things that they believe in that others are skeptical about. I thought it might be kind of interesting to do a kind of roll call on who believes in what. Not looking for discussion or proof in this thread, although it might lead to some interesting spin offs. Just thinking it would be interesting and fun to see who believes in the same stuff you do.

For example, I DO believe in:
  • Ghosts or some manifestation of energy left over from when a person passes.
  • Spirits, similar to ghosts but not necessarily from deceased previously living individuals. Can belong to/inhabit inanimate objects
  • A certain level of precognition (I myself have had dreams that later came true beyond normal coincidence)
  • Having the ability to feel or sense a person's energy

Things that I DO NOT believe in:
  • Telekinesis
  • The ability to read minds or directly influence the thoughts of others (basically the Jedi Mind Trick)
  • Purposeful remote viewing

Now, if people wish to actually discuss specific beliefs we can PM each other or create new threads. Here, simply list and play nice. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #256404 by
Replied by on topic Weird stuff I believe in
Weird stuff i believe in

* Angels
* Demons
* Telepathy
* NLP
* G'd
* that dogs dream :lol:

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #256408 by Lykeios Little Raven
The only one I can think of is the Greek Gods and Goddesses. Other people might find that weird. I believe in Zeus, Hera, Apollo, Artemis, etc etc etc. I also believe in various spirits such as nymphs.

Ghosts I'm skeptical about...I think it's possible that ghosts exist but I find them hard to believe in because I've never seen evidence that they do.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven. Reason: additions
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

More
7 years 7 months ago #256410 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Weird stuff I believe in
I believe that weird stuff happens... but I'm afraid I won't commit to anything further than that!

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Kit, ,

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #256415 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Weird stuff I believe in
Thanks Goken :D this is fun!

Things I believe in:
  • gods (all of them.)
  • spirits (individual spirits, collective spirits, human and animal, and ones that have never walked the earth in a physical form.)
  • Power Animals (When a person is born, at least one animal spirit (collective) dedicates themselves to be their guide/guardian)
  • Shamanic journeys
  • Ghosts (I consider these echoes. The intelligent/interactive ones are spirits)
  • Empaths (and the ability all have to absorb or inflict energy/emotions between person to person)
  • Magick/prayer/intent/focus (same force, different names)
  • The use of herbs and crystals as focuses for the above (more as an aid. I'm not so sold on specific ones having specific powers but I'm comfortable stating that they help on an individual basis. Example: White Sage reminds me of time spent with my dad, it has power because of the value I put into it. Although I'm not sure why I react the way I do to Dragons' Blood and Frankincense and Myrrh. They're the perfect comfort for me. Safety, security, warmth, and connection. There's possibly something more to them than my own value. Perhaps the value that peoples of the past have given it empower it?)
  • Energy healing (NOT to be the replacement of modern medicine)
  • Tarot cards
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Kit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #256416 by
I believe in common sense.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #256422 by
I believe in the possibility of a lot of crazy things. I just haven't crossed the line on anything big, I will say I believe everyone should taste pizza and pho before they die.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #256428 by
I'm not sure I “believe” in anything. I make a preconception that reality exists and that I can learn something from it. From there I accept conditions of reality based on fact and evidence.

Hmm I guess I “believe” anything is possible but nothing is probable until evidence is presented!

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #256431 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Weird stuff I believe in
I use belief in regards to wishful thinking as a tool when it is needed. I tend to only really relate importance enough to things to assert belief in this way if I've experienced it first hand.... mostly because I want to know why and how I experienced it!!!

Because it is something to work from, otherwise efforts are just without enough structure to justify my time.

But to play along with the thread topic, and to steal a two of Goken's... I currently believe;

- A certain level of precognition (I myself have had dreams that later came true beyond normal coincidence)
- Having the ability to feel or sense a person's energy

As mediated by mind, and by extension a capacity for that 'energy' to store information at such a level of complexity that it can retain what we'd call 'function'. So the brain then can receive and interpret information from that energy - when it is familiar enough, either partially or fully formed (maybe pareidolia).

Without playing too much into confirmation bias, this then enables a lot of the supernatural concepts to be incorporated.... within mind, but I've no belief currently in its manifestation outside of mind. Not to say different minds cannot have the same experience at the same time though.... to me that does not make it real, at least not in objective reality - but then what are the limits of that beyond those which it itself defines!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #256438 by
I believe in meaningful coincidences, and that the more you notice them, the more of them the universe will create for your entertainment. :D

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi