Military Jedi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255231 by
Military Jedi was created by
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning a book/documentary/piece of art/whatever it turns out to be on 'The War on Terror' entitled 'Terror'. If any of you were involved in 9/11, involved in any conflicts since then in the Middle East (Iraq, Afghanistan e.t.c) and would be happy (or interested) to be interviewed over PM, please either reply here or PM me. You probably won't be paid though :laugh: :laugh: Thanks all. :)
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255235 by
Replied by on topic Military Jedi
(clears throat)

More
7 years 7 months ago #255237 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Re:Military Jedi
Silas I am going to be blunt. With your statements about Americans, firearms ownership, and the US military I would not be shocked if people here that served were less then trusting or enthusiastic about such an interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Kit, Avalon, Zenchi, Brick, x57z12

More
7 years 7 months ago #255239 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Military Jedi
But you know what? I'll take the bite. You can interview me. I wasn't O the "front lines" but I dealt with those that were detained by American Forces. Some horrible people, some innocent and just at the wrong place at the wrong time when American Forces showed up.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
7 years 7 months ago #255256 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Military Jedi
I know active duty members in the USAF (I'm sure the rest of our branches too) are instructed to get permission from PA before doing any interviews in regards to their service.

Interviews can ruin careers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Wescli Wardest, Avalon, MadHatter, Brick

More
7 years 7 months ago #255262 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Military Jedi
They can. And other services have the same policy. The Army, at least, gives a speech every-so-often to their troops about what is okay to say to the public in the event you're caught off guard.

Almost anything can get misconstrued. And the media LOVES to twist people's words.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Wescli Wardest, Kit, Avalon

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255264 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Military Jedi
Seriously. It tends to be a pretty bad idea to give interviews without some sort of vetting when you're active duty. I won't even now that I'm separated. But I have other restrictions to keep in mind too ;) (Like having to get anything I have published approved if it's even remotely related to my job...including interviews published by others...)

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Avalon.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255293 by
Well, PM me if anyone is interested. Thanks. B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255361 by
Im with madhatter. It will be a damn cold day in hell before you get one word out of me concerning anything close to this subject after some of the crap you have pulled at this temple.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255410 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Im with madhatter. It will be a damn cold day in hell before you get one word out of me concerning anything close to this subject after some of the crap you have pulled at this temple.

Just because you dislike my (mostly correct) views and opinions does not mean that they are 'crap'.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi