Viridi - The Mindful Gardening Game

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #252128 by
So, I've always wanted a garden... But, it's impossible in my apartment. I could do indoor gardening, but my school has weird rules.

I found a solution! Viridi! It's like... tamogachi (sp?) for your gardening needs. You can just come on, water your plants, watch them grow, keep them fed, and you can treat it like a mindfulness exercise.

If this sounds like something you'd like to try, it's free! Check it out here. http://www.icewatergames.com/viridi/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252131 by
Viridi is outstanding and one of its lead developers is a good friend of mine. It really is quite therapeutic, in the absence of having real succulents to grow. I do need to try the iOS version, since I feel like it would work better on that platform than PC/Mac.

As a side note, Ice Water Games also developed the excellent exploration game Eidolon , one of my favourite "walking sims" out there.

Edit: Here is my "main" pot. The background is from Eidolon and, IIRC, is something one automatically receives if they own both Eidolon and Viridi.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #252135 by
Is the iOS version out? I need to check that out.. Also, I love that you can sing to the plants. :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #252137 by Edan
I had this on my pc for a while and it was nice, but it kept resetting on me :(

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252139 by

Connor L. wrote: Is the iOS version out?

It is, along with an Android version. iOS link

@Edan: I know they had to reset people's pots a few times when it was in beta, but I've had the same pot since before the game's public release. I'd message the devs - dev@icewatergames.com - and explain what's been happening. They're super nice and can probably get to the bottom of it.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

More
7 years 8 months ago #252174 by Lykeios Little Raven
I used to "play" Viridi! It's great! I'm glad someone brought it up, now I'll have to find my game and start over with my plants :)

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi