Who is responsible for the Iraq War ?? Hussein, Bush, Blair or bin Laden ??

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #247515 by
Oh look, ren is trying to provoke. In other news, water wet. I protested against this war several times, as it happens.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #247522 by
Yeah lets all play silly buggers and blame eachother, wars are about money , never about people and ideas , just follow the money , without these issues we would not be looking at eachother at all, we would not care , what do we care if people are treated like shit in other countries , look at the general attitude people have towards refugees " Ow i want to help but i dont want to give up my priviliges and what my parents have built " *pouty entitled face *. But they conveniently forget , someone had to pay for that ..and its very likely not just their parents!

To come to an agreement we must first accept how pety and puny we all are and start working together in building a foundation for peace , we need to get over ourselves and accept we are all in this together ! One planet , so much stupit ..i am getting annoyed her :laugh:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #247523 by
As a Jedi, one must do what will benefit the most people, and must prevent the deaths of as many as they can. Not even bin Laden or Hussein should have been killed. Life is the most important thing the Force has given us.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #247526 by

Silas Mercury wrote: As a Jedi, one must do what will benefit the most people, and must prevent the deaths of as many as they can. Not even bin Laden or Hussein should have been killed. Life is the most important thing the Force has given us.

I get that , but seeing we arent as organized yet and dont have any power or say in political matters and i am not even sure i want that , i am glad i can help the people in my village as Jedi as i can ;)

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #247531 by OB1Shinobi

tzb wrote: Questions of blame are pointless, and distract from the real problems we as a civilisation now face. The "players" here are now squarely "off the board", and not in a position to inflict this terrible tragedy on anyone else.

i disagree that the players are off the board

i disagree that identifying them would be pointless or distract from "the real problem"

they are the real problem lol

or a large part of it

so obviously i disagree that ignoring them is in any way a good idea

The important questions are - what do we do to end the conflict? How can we help those whose lives have been ruined by this war? And, crucially, how can we prevent this from happening again?

well it does stand to reason that to do this you would have to know why it was initiated to begin with, and by whom

how do you expect to end something if you dont actually understand what caused it?

much less prevent it from happening again?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #247533 by OB1Shinobi

Silas Mercury wrote: As a Jedi, one must do what will benefit the most people, and must prevent the deaths of as many as they can. Not even bin Laden or Hussein should have been killed. Life is the most important thing the Force has given us.

poor guy, 22 yrs old and still a virgin

so he goes on a shooting spree

whose life was important here, his?

or his victims?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVpcCpkF0Nk

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #247540 by

MartaLina wrote: Yeah lets all play silly buggers and blame eachother, wars are about money , never about people and ideas , just follow the money , without these issues we would not be looking at eachother at all, we would not care , what do we care if people are treated like shit in other countries , look at the general attitude people have towards refugees " Ow i want to help but i dont want to give up my priviliges and what my parents have built " *pouty entitled face *. But they conveniently forget , someone had to pay for that ..and its very likely not just their parents!

We should be a bit more cautious here. Money is certainly a great motivator for many, but war is not always about money. In fact, they are more often started because of conflicting ideas and people who disagree. The money comes later. The U.S and French revolutions, The U.S. Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia, Somalia... All of these conflicts stood to make a military/industrial complex money, but every one of them was centered around an ideological conflict first.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #247546 by

OB1Shinobi wrote:

poor guy, 22 yrs old and still a virgin

so he goes on a shooting spree

whose life was important here, his?

or his victims?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVpcCpkF0Nk

Everyone's life. Those who are already dead cannot be saved. But if cops were to dart him and lock him up, they can sleep knowing that they saved at least one more life.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #247549 by MadHatter

Silas Mercury wrote: Everyone's life. Those who are already dead cannot be saved. But if cops were to dart him and lock him up, they can sleep knowing that they saved at least one more life.

In the time the sedative takes to kick in he can kill or injure many others. Anything that works fast enough to matter will kill you. When the fecal matter hits the fan you can grab an umbrella and pray that you do not get hit or you can unplug the fan. When someone is taking the lives of innocent people whatever needs to be done to stop them should be done. And you do not have time to play games with less lethal options while people die. Life may be sacred but when someone else does not feel that way then you do what you must to protect others.

I will also add the Dalai Lama agrees with me

Attachment h9195edc.jpg not found

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by MadHatter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #247563 by

MadHatter wrote: And you do not have time to play games with less lethal options while people die. [...]

I will also add the Dalai Lama agrees with me

(emphasis mine)

The rest of that quote is, "Not at the head, where a fatal wound might result. But at some other body part, such as a leg." His Holiness was not exactly advocating one blow someone's head off, even when he or she poses a threat to someone else's life. Besides that, what does the current Dalai Lama have to do with anything other than (Tibetan) Buddhism? At the end of the day, he's just a person who has opinions like everyone else.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi