Hidden Jedi Wisdom

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #242481 by Leah Starspectre
I wasn't sure where else to share this so I'm putting it here:

I frequently re-read my favourite books from my childhood and I'm currently re-reading "The Secret Garden" I was struck by a passage that I felt was a wonderful reflection on the Force - but calling it another name: Magic. So I want to share it with all of you and hope it inspired you as much as it did me. (NB. I snipped away some of the extra bits of dialogue to make it no-so-long, while keeping the core of Colin's speech)

I am going to try a scientific experiment, explained the Rajah. "When I grow up I am going to make great scientific discoveries, and I am going to begin now with this experiment. The scientific discoveries I am going to make will be about Magic. I am sure there is Magic in everything, only we have not sense enough to get hold of it and make it do things for us - like electricity and horses and steam.

When Mary found this garden it looked quite dead. Then something began pushing things up out of soil and making things out of nothing. One day, things weren't there and another they were. I keep saying to myself "What is it? What is it?" It's something. It can't be nothing. I don't know its name so I call it Magic. I have never seen the sun rise, but Mary and Dickon have, and from what they tell me I am sure that is magic too. Something pushing it up and drawing it.

Sometimes since I've been in the garden, I've looked up through the trees at the sky and I have had a strange feeling of being happy, as if something were pushing and drawing in my chest and making me breathe fast. Magic is always pushing and drawing and making thing out of nothing. Everything is made of Magic, leaves and trees, flowers and birds, badgers and foxes and squirrels and people. So it must be all around us. In this garden - in all the places.

Every morning and evening, and as often in the daytime as I can remember, I am going to say "Magic is in me! Magic is making me well!" I am going to be as strong as Dickon!" And you must all do it too. That is my experiment. If you keep doing it every day as regularly as soldiers go through drill, we shall see what will happen and find out if the experiment succeeds.

You learn things by saying them over and over and thinking about them until they stay in your mind forever and I think it will be same with Magic. If you keep calling it to come to you and help you, it will get to be part of you and it will stay and do things"

I'm pretty sure that Colin is a Victorian Jedi ;)
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Leah Starspectre.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi