i think i need someone to tell me to stop

More
8 years 1 week ago #240826 by Codama
I'm having the hardest time finalizing a project. I'm falling into a cycle of adding more pieces to complete it, then realizing the pieces need even more pieces. I think it's going to come down to me taking it all apart and building it back up again. I know i can reorganize things. Maybe that's what I'll do...reorganize.

There is no Hard deadline but, i think that's the issue...it should have been completed (at least i wanted it done by last week. But, def need it completed by Friday ( which can now be the hard deadline). I think i need to just stop. And close the lid. Or stir the pot again and add something else.

I'm hungry now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #240827 by Wescli Wardest
Sometimes we want things to be perfect. And we keep adding and changing with each little detail we notice.

It is good to strive for something better but don’t lose the original intent by striving for perfection. Remember to keep to what is pertinent. And the rest can be referenced as additional reading material.

If that helps any. :lol:

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Codama

More
8 years 1 week ago #240828 by MadHatter
Wish I could help but I am often guilty of the same thing. That is why I end up with piles of projects that take forever to finish. Best to set hard cut off dates and just do it. Its hard I know but its the only way I know to force myself to finish something.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #240831 by
STOP...for now. Ask your superiors when they need this project completed. Review the original guidelines of the project to see if you've covered those and now just adding fluff. One last theory I automatically have is that you may enjoy your work and perfecting your craft. So another thing to ask your boss is if there will be another project soon. If there is, polish this project up and get ready for the next adventure.

More
8 years 1 week ago #240835 by Codama

Wescli Wardest wrote: It is good to strive for something better but don’t lose the original intent by striving for perfection. Remember to keep to what is pertinent...

:lol:

Slebo wrote: STOP...for now. Review the original guidelines of the project to see if you've covered those...

Word. you guys are absolutely right.
MadHatter, I can relate to ya. I'm gonna have to give myself a hard deadline. It'll be done today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

More
8 years 1 week ago #240836 by Alexandre Orion

"La perfection est atteinte, non pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, mais lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à retirer."

"Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

;)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

More
8 years 1 week ago #240840 by Leah Starspectre
I feel this issue...

When I come upon the same struggle, I write out a point-form outline beginning to end. And anything that doesn't make the outline doesn't make it into the project (that incarnation of it, anyhow), and doesn't get considered as I work my way through.

What helps is having the clear and set guideline, then not deviating from it.

I wish you all the luck with your project! :)

More
8 years 1 week ago #240867 by OB1Shinobi
good luck to you sir

People are complicated.

More
8 years 6 days ago #240935 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment hd268297.jpg not found

Did u finish?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Attachments:

More
8 years 5 days ago #240989 by Codama
Follow up.
The project was very well received. And I was given the option to make adjustments. Much thanks guys. All is well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi