The Force works in Mysterious Ways

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #238840 by J_Roz
My father called me this afternoon, it was not good news. That dreaded C word we have all come to know and fear.

It hit me hard, its still hitting me hard. So many unknowns, so many questions, my father is scared, my mother is crushed, my brothers are lost. Its going to change a lot in our family.

I stepped away, I needed to get outside and clear my head. Trying so hard not to let the tears fall. My husband and I quietly did a few things around the yard. So as we were working on moving a trailer in the yard our neighbor comes running hard up our driveway screaming in her pajamas.

Her autistic deaf four year old son had slipped out the door and was gone. She wanted to know if we had seen him. She turned around and ran back to her house screaming. My husband and I dropped what we were doing and went over to her house. I calmly asked her questions, called 911 and relayed details to dispatch. My husband immediately went down the street because the highway was there and beyond that Lake Superior and apparently the little guy likes the water. Mom went the other direction as she handed her tiny two year old daughter off to me as I agreed to meet the police. I got a picture of the boy inside and met the police, we immediately began our perimeter search.

Within 15 minutes of helping to coordinate the neighbor hood search son and family were reunited. He crossed one busy street but thankfully not the major highway and did not get anywhere near the water.

I surprised myself how fast I went thinking about my father and my family into SAR mode. Thankfully the quick thinking despite the bad news was able to help the police locate the child quickly and keep her other child safe.

You just never know when the Force is going to call on you. Are you ready?

I think I'm going to stay in tonight and sample some of the mead I've been brewing..... Yup.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Archon, OB1Shinobi, MadHatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #238841 by MadHatter
J-Roz I am sorry for the pain and stress your family is going through at this moment. I truly hope that peace and healing swiftly find you all. I am also going to say that it takes a lot to set aside ones own troubles to help those in need. So good job because focusing like that is not easy in times of personal strife. May the Force be with you and bring you peace no matter what comes your way.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 weeks ago #238847 by
Your neighbors are so lucky to have you. You are good people :)

Nothing is more important than banding together around your dad right now. I know you already know that, but sometimes saying it helps. Patients get so much strength from their families.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #239015 by OB1Shinobi
Best wishes to you and your family Roz, Im sure he has had a lot of joy watching what youve done with your life

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #239018 by Lykeios Little Raven
I admit I don't really know what to say. Things like "I'm sorry" sound so hollow to me. Nevertheless I wanted to say something.

As someone already said: it is admirable that you were able to help your neighbor so soon after getting such awful news. You are a wonderful example of someone who cares for others. I am glad you were able to find your neighbor's son safely. It is also reassuring that you were able to see the Force in all of this. I hope you continue to see its influence in your life.

I wish only the best for you and your family in the future. I hope that the cancer was caught in time for treatment to be effective.

Try to keep your head up, Roz. We're here for you.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Lykeios Little Raven.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi