New Chatroom?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #232416 by
Replied by on topic Re:New Chatroom?

Edan wrote: With regards to the suggestion about an integrated personal chat system I think I would probably still use Skype as it is away from totjo. I use Skype often as a barrier... A way to ensure conversation remains private. I have privacy concerns over existing chat, no-one on totjo can see my Skype conversations unless they are talking to me.

I use Skype for those reasons when the person I am talking to is closer in friendship or business and I am comfortable with giving more private information like that. :) But asides for one or two here on TOTJO....It doesn't bother me. Id prefer to keep TOTJO....ON....Totojo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #232417 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Re:New Chatroom?
We're are different then, I talk to people all over the place, even by email :)

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #232418 by
Replied by on topic Re:New Chatroom?

Edan wrote: We're are different then, I talk to people all over the place, even by email :)

I do to ^_^ But that's why I would rather keep things in their original place. When i am on TOTJO...I can focus on the temple and its members. And when i leave and go some place else...i can focus on their own site similarly. When I have it all in one place I get people mixed up and find myself goin "Your from......that one place right? I think!?" :whistle:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #232423 by
Replied by on topic New Chatroom?

steamboat28 wrote:

Lightstrider wrote: ...but then again chat isn't too popular...

Do you think that would change if the chat were made more user-friendly?

Hmm... I'm not sure. The chat is very basic and user friendly for the most part. While we have a lot of active members I think mostly they are more interested in the forum, in their journals, in the more detailed communication not restricted by time via the forum.

It's pretty much the same crew in chat most of the time, I lurk there a lot just because I automatically open it when I logon. I think it's mostly useful for the sermons, ceremonies and new people who come to ask questions, otherwise there are just general discussions having to do with absolutely anything.

As we grow, inevitably chat would become more popular as more active people would be on at a given time. So preparing for that would be a good idea. I forsee a channel for novices who come to ask all the questions, for initiates working on the IP and sharing what they're doing and discussing the lessons, for apprentices sharing what they are learning and generally chatting about their experience here, for knights talking about their apprentices, and maybe even the council will be so active they'll need a chat right here and now to discuss what is going on and various issues or voting on things. Different general chat rooms for people chatting about different topics as well.

Wescli is right, the chat shouldn't become the main attraction if it was not a positive thing when it was very popular before. The core of what goes on here is based on the forum, so besides the trolls and messing around I don't think it would ever become the main attraction overtaking the purpose of the forum.

As for a Facebook style integrated personal chat system, meh.. it sounds kind of cool but we already have the basic messaging feature which serves the same purpose, even to message as a group. I suppose a upgrade to have it as a real time pop up/minimize in the browser type thing where you could still leave messages to people - it wouldn't hurt. There's pros and cons to having all the communication between members centralized, privacy could be a concern but for me besides some political ranting and sharing some of the more fringe ideas out there for sake of discussion and entertainment I'm not sure if the privacy issue here bothers me too much.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #232816 by
As promised! Screen Shots of the FreiChat i mentioned.

Attachment hc7b332f.png not found

Attachment h2603aca.png not found

Attachment he997355.png not found

Attachments:

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #232823 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic New Chatroom?
Light strider wrote

"I forsee a channel for novices who come to ask all the questions, for initiates working on the IP and sharing what they're doing and discussing the lessons, for apprentices sharing what they are learning and generally chatting about their experience here, for knights talking about their apprentices, and maybe even the council will be so active they'll need a chat right here and now to discuss what is going on and various issues or voting on things."

Alongside a group chat that encompases everyone interested, this is a great idea. The Novices would be more concerned with the IP, but the idea sounds solid...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #232826 by
In regards to room specific chambers.... Just an example :)

Attachment hdd4312e.png not found

Attachments:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi