Heckler & Koch, AR500 Build Mandalorian Ballistic Armor

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #223073 by

Star Wars fans, you may be getting the ballistic armor of your dreams. AR500 Armor announced recently that it is collaborating with several other industry leaders and artist Ryan B. Flowers in designing Mandalorian-themed ballistic armor. The first pictures of what may be a prototype of the new armor were released on social media earlier this week.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016/01/18/photos-heckler-koch-ar500-builds-mandalorian-ballistic-armor/

Awesome.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 3 months ago #223133 by RyuJin
of course i did something similar a while back and had even considered experimenting with ceramics....
16 guage steel plates wrapped in carbon fiber/kevlar hybrid...

Attachment h9add0e9_2016-01-20.jpg not found

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #223194 by
Isn't it dangerous to have your belly (and by extent your internal organs) completely unprotected?

Lightstrider wrote:

Star Wars fans, you may be getting the ballistic armor of your dreams. AR500 Armor announced recently that it is collaborating with several other industry leaders and artist Ryan B. Flowers in designing Mandalorian-themed ballistic armor. The first pictures of what may be a prototype of the new armor were released on social media earlier this week.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016/01/18/photos-heckler-koch-ar500-builds-mandalorian-ballistic-armor/

Awesome.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 3 months ago #223278 by RyuJin
only if you're foolish enough to stand up straight during a firefight....most soldiers would be doubled over behind cover and only expose the upper torso/shoulders/head when firing...i can tell from experience wearing my armor that the abdomen plate gets in the way of bending over, even with a normal bullet proof vest the shock plate only covers the heart and upper lungs (with the large plates) the rest is simply flexible kevlar in multiple layers....perhaps the black suit he's wearing under the armor is kevlar?....

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi