The Grateful Thread

More
5 years 3 months ago #331457 by thomaswfaulkner
Replied by thomaswfaulkner on topic The Grateful Thread
I'm grateful for quiet time on the couch with my wife after having a day full of activities with the babies.

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #331459 by
Replied by on topic The Grateful Thread
I am grateful to have gone through the experience of losing people close to me suddenly. Why? These experiences, while sad, taught me to truly appreciate the limited time I have with friends and love ones. These experiences also caused me to ask myself the important question of how I wanted to spend my limited time here, how do I want to contribute to the world, what kind of legacy do I wish to have. I am also much more careful with what I say to others now, they may be here now but they might not be here come sundown, I now ask “do I really want to leave off on that note?”

I am grateful that I have a clean bill of health. So many take this for-granted, your fine one day and then suddenly your not. If I wake up with all my limbs and not sick, my day has already begun on a positive note. I appreciate my state of health, and I spend so much time at the gym to maintain or improve my state, and because I can, and because I can I will take full advantage of being able to, while I still can.

I am grateful for the various communities I am apart of. Without them, where would I be today? I truly appreciate the sense of kinship, and closeness that comes from interacting with others. I love being exposed to new and diverse points of view on a daily basis. I am also grateful that I am able to do these same things, and more for others, through my participation.

I am grateful that I can forgive others easily. Trying to fight every battle, pay back every slight no matter how minor, allowing myself to be consumed by a need for revenge, constantly thinking negatively and causing negativity to manifest in the world through my actions, allowing others to have so much power over me, what way is that to live? I forgive, but do not forget. But just because someone does something once, doesn’t mean they will do it again, one should be vigilant, but not allow the past to bias them.

I am grateful for all the pain and struggle I have gone through so far in life, and I wouldn’t change a thing. Without it, would I be the person I am today? Would I have reflected on my actions so much? Would I have done so much internal work? Would I have learned as much as I have?

No, I wouldn’t have, or it would have taken much, much longer to get where I am today. Through pain and struggle comes strength and wisdom, the ability to remain keep going in the face of odds that appear to be insurmountable, and so much more.

I am grateful for these things mainly, and so much more. If I wrote a list of all the things I am grateful for, I would be writing it for weeks.

Have a happy holidays.

~ David ~
12/23/18
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331530 by
I am greatful for the moment when I am not disturbed from work or some other activities.
when I am totally submerged in activity. < flow efect.

I am grateful for time when I can get out of the capital city to nature, especially to forest.
and spend there lot of time.

I am grateful for all good and kind people in my life and on the world. Whom I appreciate the most.
thanks bad experience with evil people in the past.

And naturally for this comunity, which I am part of. where I grow with people, who also same as I believe in the force,
and share their experience and thoughts. (good point Ros > why we are here)

Enjoy your holiday, mainly in Peace!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331534 by
Today I am grateful for second and third opinions. Easy to get blinded, we are, to how things are, how we perceive them to be, and how they truly are.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331539 by
This morning, I am grateful for pancakes.

Having time completely off, where I can pause and enjoy the small things in life, is very good.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #331553 by Tobias
Replied by Tobias on topic The Grateful Thread
I am grateful that I am healthy and allowed to grow old together with my cat, who is also healthy.

You must unlearn what you have learned.

Teaching Master: Rosalyn J
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Tobias.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
5 years 2 months ago #332138 by thomaswfaulkner
Replied by thomaswfaulkner on topic The Grateful Thread
I'm grateful that even the hardest days/times pass with time and some change.

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332139 by
I am grateful for my friend, who looks out for me even in the hardest days/times.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #333111 by
I feel it is important to seek balance. If you rant, you should look to what you are grateful for. This is a practice I seek to keep up at my own little cave. If I vent and complain, I need to also highlight something I am grateful for. Helping to change from focusing on the problem to focusing on the solution. In this case it is an easy thing to do.

What I am grateful for is the Jedi here. I don't know if there is a need to add to that statement. We all face tough situations in life. We all find ourselves challenged on the path. But one of the great benefits of a worldwide community is being able to talk with other like-minded individuals. To have other Jedi in your life who uplift and encourage. So I am definitely grateful for the Jedi in our community.

More
5 years 2 months ago #333206 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic The Grateful Thread
I am grateful I now have a definitive list for the curriculum I must master to have my Shirfu's permission to open my own school.

Granted, I now need t learn about...12 more forms, but its nice to see the end of the tunnel!

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Kobos, ,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi