What is this feeling?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #207367 by
Replied by on topic What is this feeling?
You're not off base at all :)

I can do the same thing, though I had to practice it. I was looking for a way to feel the Force, so I came up with this technique:
Warning: Spoiler!

What I find interesting is that you describe it as flexing a muscle in the center of your brain. In that spot is the pineal gland, which many are starting to think is linked directly to this kind of phenomenon, and other spiritual experiences. It would seem you have direct control over it to a degree, and that's fascinating! In some ancient societies they called this the Third Eye. B)

Anyway, I can trigger the feeling at will as well. Over the years it seems more and more Jedi have been able to do this, though I don't know what to do with the ability. Maybe healing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #207393 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic What is this feeling?
It might not be Kundalini though, from memory that is said to rise up the spine and radiate 'up' and then out - not just manifest at will in parts of the body. I don't know though as I ain't no Yogi master, and it could be directly related like a sign of progress of building up Kundalini or something... but yea IMO I'd be guessing its not Kundalini.

For me that would be more about sacral energies specifically becoming aligned with other parts of the brain besides reproduction - which can dominate a large chunk of conscious awareness sometimes, especially in blokes.

So I do not think Kundalini is directly equivilant to Ch'i, but it probably is a particular manifestation of it. I do though, associate the sensation being discussed as Ch'i, again I cannot be sure, but its a great way to play with energy body work in those Asian cultures with it. Traditional Chinese Medicine has a lot of material on how they think Qi and other elements are placed and connected within the body.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_Chinese_medicine

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Adder.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 5 months ago #207404 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic What is this feeling?
i have a lot of books by mantak chia, about energy work....i wish i had discovered them when i first discovered how to use energy...it would have saved me loads of experimentation and refinement...one example being "iron shirt"...i developed my own way of using it through lots of trial/error experimentation...after reading mankak chia's book about it i had learned that my method was nearly identical to his...it was something that seemed instinctively obvious to me...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #207479 by

Streen wrote: I was looking for a way to feel the Force, so I came up with this technique:

Thank you for sharing! I'll try this out later when I have some time to sit down and meditate.

Adder wrote: Traditional Chinese Medicine has a lot of material on how they think Qi and other elements are placed and connected within the body.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_Chinese_medicine

Thank you for the links Adder! I've been reading over them, super interesting. Maybe this is some sort of Qi/Chi/Ch'i. I'm fascinated by it, really curious if it can be used for anything.

RyuJin wrote: one example being "iron shirt"...i developed my own way of using it through lots of trial/error experimentation

I'm super intrigued! Did you have a method/use for this you'd feel comfortable/want to share with the rest of us? So far it just feels like a fun trick to me 'WOO TINGLING', I'd like to focus on improving/using it for something.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #207676 by
Lucky you. I think you should relax into the experience and meditate on it. See what happens. Given time and gentle attention you may have opened a door. How exciting!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #260135 by
I have felt exactly what you described. However, I haven't been able to access it without external stimuli. I feel a rush when I hear a concerto of cellos and violins play, or when I see a beautiful view in nature, and also when I imagine something spectacular.

It is a lovely feeling and it makes me smile everytime. Being able to access this on command would be awesome! Currently, however, I only get it from strange emotions, epic music or a fantastic sight.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #260282 by Tarran
Replied by Tarran on topic What is this feeling?
You know, it sounds very much like a discharge of Jing (something many confuse with Chi/Qi).

Does the hairs on your arms and legs stand up as well? Like, can you get goosebumps at will? It wouldn't discount it if you don't, it's just that that's another example of a low-level Jing discharge.

I wonder if what I posted in another thread might be of assistance? Something to ponder, anyways. Here... https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Spirit-Wind/47104-chi?start=10#201361

Tell me your thoughts on this, yeah?

P.S. ~ I know of which you speak because I can do it too... so you're certainly not alone, and I agree, it's not asmr.

^_^

Apprentice to J. K. Barger
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Tarran.

More
7 years 6 months ago #260435 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic What is this feeling?

Tarran wrote: You know, it sounds very much like a discharge of Jing (something many confuse with Chi/Qi).

You know, few ever confuse cooking with driving but many do confuse sorcery with wizardry. Why would that be? Also, if this sounds like a Jing discharge, what doesn't? I can name an activty that isn't juggling, I can name a force that isn't gravity, I can even name a feeling that isn't euphoria. Can you name an experience that isn't a Jing discharge?

... it's just that that's another example of a low-level Jing discharge.

Wait, so there are different levels of Jing discharges, too? How do we tell them apart, how do we identify which of two confirmed discharges is a lower or higher level? What is a unit of Jing charges?

I wonder if what I posted in another thread might be of assistance? Something to ponder, anyways. Here... [link]

Read the entire post... I'm having difficulty to find the area in which it doesn't contradict everything we know about human anatomy, but aside from that, it's at least an entertaining read. Thanks! ;)

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 10 months ago #287900 by ghost of the mist
I myself have a feeling similar to this but my tingling is focused on my whole body. When I channel it I can make it go wherever I tell it to. My problem is how long I can hold the feeling. I was wondering if you could tell me how long you can hold the feeling. I can hold for 2 minutes. I always thought I was alone.

More
6 years 10 months ago #287940 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic What is this feeling?

Tarran wrote: You know, it sounds very much like a discharge of Jing (something many confuse with Chi/Qi).

For me an awareness of Jing is a heavy dense feeling, while Qi is light and uniform, and Shen is vibrant and sharp - such that the Jing anchors the Qi (as a vessel) and the Qi carries the Shen (as if in suspension). Getting a buzz from good music makes the Qi dance as if it were imbued with Shen but importantly accommodated by Jing, IMO, but because they are so related and not quite distinct physical elements, it is IMO a blend of all three and different people might get a different dominant attribute.

Then of course the interesting things is if (how) this could relate to physical and mental health, as they do say music can heal :unsure:

ghost of the mist wrote: I myself have a feeling similar to this but my tingling is focused on my whole body. When I channel it I can make it go wherever I tell it to. My problem is how long I can hold the feeling. I was wondering if you could tell me how long you can hold the feeling. I can hold for 2 minutes. I always thought I was alone.

I dunno, I've never timed it. It depends on many things for me. Sometimes it can just sit there, and sometimes it aint gonna happen. If you can create it at will then perhaps you can look at energy 'healing' body work type of things to make some use of it, or use it as a diagnostic tool to assess your own health, or cast patterns into it to link to the imagination in an attempt to improve visualization. Can you amplify its intensity, if so do you think its safe?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi