What is this feeling?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #207309 by
What is this feeling? was created by
First, allow me to open with an apology if this is not the correct sub-forum for this sort of topic, but it seemed like the best fit to me at the time. This topic / subject is something I have been mulling over for literally years, and recently with joining these forums it really re-sparked the interest in finding an answer for myself.

I've had this, I hesitate to call it an 'ability', but I've had this quirk for many years now where I can instantly trigger a 'rush' of tingling throughout my body. I don't bloody well know what it is, and it's incredibly intriguing.

The best way I can describe it is that it feels like I flex a 'muscle' in the middle of my brain, and instantly my body buzzes/tingles with some sort of euphoric rush of 'energy'. I can do it at will, but it's hard to trigger when I'm exhausted or distracted. Sitting here typing this though, I can trigger it whenever, and it's very strong.

I simply squeeze this 'muscle' in the middle of my brain, and feel a tingling rush all throughout my body, especially in my arms and thighs. I feel 'light', and it almost ilicts a smile/giggle response. Feels very euphoric and good.

I've done this for some time now, but never known what it is, or what the purpose is. I've researched it and found two discussions on the internet about it...

1. Reddit - I can make my body tingle intensely at will.
- Some say it is ASMR , but as someone who is easily triggered with ASMR, it is NOT the same at all.
- Another poster said:

I'm not deep into the Hindu beliefs, but this sounds somewhat like what people are said to experience when they are accessing kundalini energies. (Which would be basically the same thing as Qi or Chi or all the other names it has around Asia.)

-- This really got me interested in further exploration, in relation to the Force.

2. http://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread.php?t=20252
- Further discussion of the same phenomenon.

Overall it seems to be that the majority say it's a semi rare ability to channel energy, and has ties to chi / the force / etc. Does anyone have any input, insight, advice? It's very fascinating, but I'm not sure what it really means or what to do with it.

The most I've done is messed with an EMF reader on my smartphone. Apparently I can influence it slightly when I trigger these 'tingles', but I'd really need to research/record to prove anything solid to myself.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 4 months ago #207311 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic What is this feeling?
I do this all the time when physically exhausted for a quick boost in energy....it gets mentally draining and takes a considerable amount of rest to revitalize if you do it too often....I've always theorized that it was either a) a forced release of dopamine and adrenaline, or b) an ability to access our spiritual energy.....I don't get the tingly feeling anymore but I do get an elevated body temperature and become as fidgety/amped up as a child with a.d.d. on a sugar rush....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
8 years 4 months ago #207314 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic What is this feeling?
When you do it in your body, does it concurrently manifest on the face as well?

Try it and if not then read on;

Otherwise I'm not sure. Is it mostly experienced within an inch of the outer layer, hence perhaps why the concentration might seem higher in the cylindrical limbs? Can you create a pool of that sensation at any part of the body in isolation to other areas, if so which areas are stronger and which areas are weaker of not accessible?

I don't pretend to have the answers but this is how I'd approach finding an answer. I can do similar but I always thought it was just me upping the conscious awareness of those above described systems - mostly because it tended to slightly alter how I would perceive normal stimulus when I was doing it.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #207317 by
Replied by on topic What is this feeling?
Hey Adder,

Thank you for the insight! This is the kind of research / questions I was totally hoping for.

The sensation feels deeply rooted in my body, at a muscle/skeletal level. When I trigger it without thinking about it too much, I feel it mostly everywhere (including the face faintly), though it is strongest at certain points in my body such as legs/arms.

After some self exploration brought on by your post, I notice it's very hard to get any of this sensation into my stomach, as if it's blocked. Actually, almost anywhere in my chest, hmm.

Otherwise, If I focus (just tried), I can move it to almost any area in a supremely concentrated form, including my face. Moving it all to my hands is the easiest, or my feet.

Really interesting, though, not sure what to do with this knowledge.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 4 months ago #207323 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic What is this feeling?
I can do this as well, and use it to cool myself when hot... It can be 100°F and I can make goose bumps appear, lol...

As s martial artist, inslways figured I was tapping into my Ki, and making myself hyper aware of my body...

Never looked into it, lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #207327 by
I can do it but always assumed everyone else could too, so I've never thought about it much.. :dry:
Thanks for making me think!
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #207328 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic What is this feeling?

Jestor wrote: I can do this as well, and use it to cool myself when hot... It can be 100°F and I can make goose bumps appear, lol...

As s martial artist, I always figured I was tapping into my Ki, and making myself hyper aware of my body...

Never looked into it, lol...

i've done that too...

it seems we've all stumbled onto the same thing by taking different paths ....

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #207344 by

RyuJin wrote: it seems we've all stumbled onto the same thing by taking different paths ....

Well said! I'm very curious that so many here seem to know what this is, use it, or have used it.

Based on the links in my post, and what I've found in my research, it's clear not everyone has this control/ability/quirk. So... what does it mean? Can it be tied to something concrete? Can it be honed, improved, etc?

So many interesting questions...

More
8 years 4 months ago #207345 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic What is this feeling?
Quick question... Why assume it's metaphysical?

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #207346 by
Hmm, good question!

I think I lean towards Metaphysical because to my knowledge, most humans are unable to 'trigger' a rise in the chemical levels/nerves in their body in the blink of an eye (to this strength). While we can of course trigger all sorts of aspects of our body, they typical require stimuli or other resources and can't be turned on and off as we will them.

This, combined with the fact these sensations seem to match the idea of Ki /Energy and countless other theories, it seemed like it may fall in that realm. I guess just labeling it 'unknown' would be the best, but I had to pick a sub-forum, this seemed like the best fit. ;)

Do I seem horribly off base? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi