TotJO Artwork (Official Communications)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #252276 by
I took some artistic license, and never intended to imply teachings were less or greater than each other.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #252277 by MadHatter
This looks great. Might I copy the image to use on my PC as a background and on my Clerical Journal? If I were to use it publicly I would give credit to your User name here ( by public I mean something like in FB post)

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252282 by
Sure thing, this is for the Temple, so you do not need to credit me if you want. I am giving this to the Temple.

Also here is another version (the default)

Edit Note: These are all vector designs and are held in vector files on my computer (Illustrator & SVG), ready to send to a representative of the Temple of the Jedi Order upon request.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252319 by Edan
I can't help but think that something still looks 'off' about the logo... Everything looks a bit too fat.. when you look at the original the 5 points are much slimmer, and the points of the middle star are much closer to the centre. I'm sure there is a logo file uploaded somewhere in the art forum with a base design. Not trying to be critical here...

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Edan.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252323 by
I should note that I have a fix in the works and the main issue you may see is the 5 points which are not as long as they could be (reference top of forum logo). Also the default logo is small and Raster, which means it does not resize well, prompting me to remake it in vector which resizes without loss of information.

Edit: Art Posted

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252332 by Avalon
There are actually a number of threads which have vectorized versions already available.

And while I understand the intend behind "creative liscense", I would personally be hesitant to exercise such with a logo, as that logo is part of the branding identity of TOTJO and has rather specific meaning to each part, including if I remember correctly a rather precise and equal balance between use of white and black. I distinctively remember quite a few discussions already had about the altering of the logo.

Anyway, vectorized versions can be found in the link(s) below:

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Jedi-Art/106018-totjo-logo-rework-crafter-ocd-friendly-mathemagical-version#134969 (svg format)

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/22-projects-and-committees/106236-totjo-digital-art-repository#138716 (svg and ai format)

I believe there are a few others but those were the ones I remembered off the top of my head.

Edit: I'm not saying you can't take creative liscense, btw... just that if I were to take that to class, it would be declared a branding identity, which would mean preserve it in the original form. And the way my brain tends to work, I would take that quite literally. Hahaha. By all means, "creative liscense" your heart away. ;)

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kit

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #252333 by
Thank you, I thought this had not been done. Well, no point in continuing work on this now *sigh*

I do shirt designs like this:

Thought I must admit it is usually just free work as I cannot compete with professionals.

More
7 years 8 months ago #252334 by Avalon
Sure there's plenty of reason. I was just providing you somewhere where a vector version was already available if you wanted to use that in your designs. :)

Keep doing you either way

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252348 by

Sulabri wrote: Thought I must admit it is usually just free work as I cannot compete with professionals.

Sulabri, How much for a size large hoodie with the printed pattern + Creed on the back? B)

"When somepony offer to do you a favor, like making you a beautiful dress, you shouldn't be overly critical of something generously given to you. In other words.... you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth." - Twilight Sparkle, Season 1 Episode 14 Suited for success

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #252365 by
I thank you for the interest, the answer though is free. I am doing this free for the Temple. They could use it or you could use it and donate to the temple. I am willing to do the work and then you can apply it using an online service like CafePress.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi