Illuminated Manuscript of The Creed

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #209148 by
I was wondering if anyone could make and scan an illuminated manuscript of the creed for me.

It doesn't need to be some masterpiece and can be fairly simple in design and black and white, for it is just something I'd like to hang up on my wall for decoration.

If anyone is interested, feel free to post below :)

Thank you!
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209158 by
I'm a little confused...

An illuminated manuscript traditionally can take years to create. There are only a handful of monks who make illuminated manuscript versions of the Bible today because it is a time-consuming art which is falling to the wayside in lieu of digital and contemporary forms of visual art. Yet you also seem to be saying you're not asking for anything terribly fancy, so I'm wondering if an illuminated manuscript is really what you want or if you're just asking for a highly stylized graphic of the Creed that you could put up on your wall?

If I'm in a good headspace, I'll make a mock-up later and show you what I've done. If you like it, I'll give it a polish and make it available for all the Temple to have.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209164 by

Jamie Stick wrote: I'm a little confused...

An illuminated manuscript traditionally can take years to create.

Ummm....Years? 0_o Think now I am a little confused....can you give me an example?

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #209165 by Edan
I think Competent is just asking for a fancily decorated version of the Creed, to a similar style as old illuminated texts.

An illuminated manuscript is a manuscript in which the text is supplemented with such decoration as initials, borders (marginalia) and miniature illustrations.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #209170 by

Kitsu Tails wrote:

Jamie Stick wrote: I'm a little confused...

An illuminated manuscript traditionally can take years to create.

Ummm....Years? 0_o Think now I am a little confused....can you give me an example?

I was thinking more of larger works like the St. John's Bible . An individual page might not take years, but it would be a considerable time commitment. Illuminated manuscripts are more than just text and decoration. There is a specific look that was created, in part by the tools used to create such texts, and the calligraphy alone is an art form which has only marginal popularity in today's world (computers now replicate a facsimile that's considered "good enough" for most people).

Edan wrote: I think Competent is just asking for a fancily decorated version of the Creed, to a similar style as old illuminated texts.

I think you're right, but I wanted to ask to be sure because to me there's a world of difference in asking for one over the other and I'd hate to make one when someone wants the other.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #209374 by
Sorry I had been busy and hadn't gotten to reply quicker.

I know traditional one take years and years to do. But I am only asking for one that has a embroider and nice writing.

Even simpler than this:

Attachment h6e3f31d.jpg not found

It could even be done on the computer, I just lack the computer skills. :P
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #209379 by
Well, here's what I came up with [strike](click for full-size image)[/strike]...

Well, apparently I can't do a click-to-view-the-larger-version thing right now (I'm sure I'm making a simple mistake).

Here is the link .

Below the cut is the full-size image (large)

Warning: Spoiler!

Credits:
Ornate Decorative Border Clip Art from Oh So Nifty Vintage Graphics
KellyAnn (font) by Mike Allard

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209380 by

Jamie Stick wrote: Well, here's what I came up with...

Oh wow, I think that's rather awesome myself! Amazing job Jamie! :D

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209393 by
Looks amazing!!!!! :) Thanks!!!!!!!! If I can repay the favor, you know where to find me :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209396 by
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi